✔LV - Dragons when they get serious

Sweat coated Irwin's forehead and he ran through the passageways to reach behind the palace as fast as his short legs could take him. The sight of the young prince was horrifying than his worst nightmares and the more he remembered those merciless eyes and his devilish grin, the more his heart thundered and he increased his pace. Now that he snuck out of their eyes, he couldn't get himself captured by him.

He had heard Prince Demian was merciless and after seeing a child, both he and his master laughed at him. But were they so wrong at his appearance that it ended up in their doom.

His chest heaved with the lack of air and his legs could no longer take him. He tilted his head as he found the back gate wasn't that far. He smiled and bent forward to fill air in his lunges. The large backpack made his back and shoulders hurt. At times, he wanted to discard the object but how could he when that bag had years and years of his earnings. Not to forget the recent taxes were there. His eyes glinted in the dark as he felt the weight on his back.

When that bastard of a Prince was taking his Master in his custody, he knew, their days were ended. He tried to warn his master yet, Lord Heartstone didn't listen. Now, he was in the dungeon. Lord Heartstone was a foolish greedy man and Irwin could care less about him. After all, this whole thing was his idea. He wanted to get the whole city of Rockdelia but the illegal trades got the young prince's attention.

Irwin muttered some curses under his breath as he neared his destination. But Oh well, he had a big fortune for himself already.

The days he was serving Heartstone were coming to an end. He may had pledged to serve him whole life but not by sacrificing himself. His master might have given him gold, women, land but it couldn't compare his life. Besides, he never wanted to serve him, he just wanted to use the fat lord for his benefits and he did it.

Irwin looked around the large plants that were attached to the old palace's walls and as he had been here for more than a decade, he knew where the secret passage led and that's where he would go and in a few hours, he would be free. Outside of the palace walls.

He laughed.

But poor Irwin, as his smashed face, his brain was smashed as well. He hadn't realised two of the Dragon's guards were following him the whole time Demian had set his feet on the land of Rockdelia.

As Irwin reached the gate he huffed catching his breath and holding his knees. His small ant-like eyes circled around but couldn't see a soul. He grinned at his accomplishment.

The gate was hidden under plants and algae and he looked for a specific carvings that he knew from Lord Heartstone. One of the large root of the tree had a star in a circle and he knew, this was the tree which hid the door behind it.

He went near and shook off the small bushes and tree roots as a door appeared in front of him. He nodded at himself, proud at what had he achieved so far.

Behind this ancient door, his freedom laid in wide hands and he would embrace it. Straightening himself, Irwin opened the door and the land beneath his feet seemed to have slipped as he saw the sight before him. There were more than hundred soldiers standing in front of him donned in armours with the crest which unmistakably represented the Royal family.

*****

One of Demian's guards came following behind the wounded soldier and informed, "Your Highnes, the Dragon Knights have arrived."

The nobles present there including Seraphina looked at Demian wide-eyed as he clasped his hands excitedly, "Perfect timing!"

Seraphina looked at him questioningly as she asked, "What do you mean? And why have the dragon's knights arrived here?"