LXXXIII - Displeased environment

Seraphina and Celia were led toward Billard's study chamber. The men with unfamiliar uniforms confirmed for whatever reason was behind taking her there wasn't something up to her good. Her heart hammered against her chest but she maintained a straight face. She seemed to have mastered it well from Demian.

What was the reason? Why was she taken there with so many guards? Had something happened? Worry and confusion flooded together in her mind.

She looked behind and saw Celia was scared around them as she tugged behind her like a lost little girl.

A worry came crashing on Seraphina's mind. Why did they call Celia as well?

As she approached the chamber, the door was opened and behind it stood a bunch of unfamiliar men who had worn the same clothes as her escorts. Billard sat on the chair with a serious face as his eyes stayed low toward the papers on the table and Zenith and Master Valentine stood behind him.

Her chest tightened with worry as she saw Master Valentine's face. It was farmed in worried strands.

She curtsied as soon as she entered, "You Highness, were you calling me for an urgent matter?"

At first, he didn't say anything but the man before him looked at her with a disgusted face. The face which she recognised pretty well.

Even though she didn't need the answer, she could quite guess it already.

"Seraphina..." Billard mumbled in a low tone as his eyes moved up at her slowly, "or should I call you The Flame Queen?"

Celia beside her seemed to lose her composure as her face twisted in fear but Seraphina stood there with a face that bore no emotions. She was assuming it was the end of her days but she didn't expect it to come that soon.

There was a moment of silence as both Billard and Seraphina looked into their eyes with head on. Billard's golden eyes said betrayal and disappointment in them but Seraphina didn't say a word instead clenched his palms in fists.

"We should kill both of them this instant!" The man with thick bushy brows and mustache exclaimed as he slapped the table.

"Sir Houjou, please contain your emotions in front of My Prince," Master Valentine said in a composed yet irritated voice, "I would not tolerate such behavior inside of this castle. You may be the minister of this country's defense but you still have to obey Your Highness."

So, this man was the one who found out about her. It seemed it was the cause of her carelessness, she got caught. Master Valentine had warned her but she had no choice but to show her powers in front of people. But today, it was her powers which had called doom upon herself.

"She is the Flame Queen of Fire nation! The notorious wizards!" He said, pouring all of his anger in his sentences, "I bet, they have plans to send this witch here."

Seraphina may have sworn never to set foot in her nation but it was still her home. And she would not allow anyone to insult her home. Nonetheless, she would not allow anyone to reflect upon her own mistakes. It was her fault that they were doubting her home land where they didn't even give a single glance to the Dragon Nation.

"My nation never sent me here." She said, "Nor did they plan anything against this nation."

"You should keep quiet, you wench!" Sir Houjou spat as Master Valentine now seemed to be losing his composure.

"Sir Houjou! It is the last warning. No unlikely words shall be used here under any circumstances." Master Valentine said and added, "Would you please calm down and let her explain?"