✔LXXII - Demian or Celia?

Seraphina woke up and saw it was already late but Demian hadn't come yet. She was still in his chamber and her stomach growled. She had been so upset over everything that she forgot to fill her stomach.

She got up lazily and went to her chamber as she saw Celia was already there piling up her clothes. She had excellent job at maintaining her room. The room was spotless and all her things were placed neatly in their places.

As she entered, both of their eyes met.

There was a moment of silence as Celia tried to read Seraphina's face and she asked, "Did something happen?"

Seraphina nodded as she spoke, "I want to tell you the most important thing."

Celia's face darkened as she saw how Seraphina was acting. She nodded as all of her attention got Seraphina.

"I-" Seraphina hung her head low, "I am hungry."

There was a moment of silence. Again.

As Seraphina didn't say anything, Celia's brows twitched as she thought there was something serious going on, "You-! You wanted to say that?!"

Seraphina tilted her head and blinked innocently, "Err... Yes? Was there another thing you wanted to hear?"

Celia's fists twitched as she gave her a light lipped smile, "Of course not!" Her brows twitched vigorously as she added, "Since the time you came, you haven't come here and talked to me instead you went directly to the Prince's chamber! I thought something grave was going on and all the time I was worried and you-"

Seraphina chuckled nervously as she said, "Err... I was tired and Demian kind of dragged me there and I fell asleep."

It only made Celia grow more angry. Honestly, what was she thinking? This girl was dense and above all she didn't care about Celia. All she cared about food. Of course, who would care about a mere maid! But it made Celia angry more as Seraphina stood there smiling stupidly.

"Fine! I'm going and bringing your food!" In a grumpy step, Celia went out of the room and Seraphina sighed. She wasn't tired, she was worried. She didn't want Celia to be worried as well. She had many things going on in her head yet, she didn't know what to do.

She had noticed how Zenith's eyes glinted at her when they returned. She had a hunch Zenith would try to talk with her and now she was scared. Somehow the crown Prince's wife's postures didn't sit well with Seraphina and she didn't know what would she tell her. And the most important thing, what would she answer. So, better to avoid her.

She sat on the chair and was about to sigh when her door barged opened. It made her startled and as soon as she looked at the intruder, her ground vanished beneath her feet. It was Zenith.

Speak of the devil! She was here!

She stood up and curtsied as Zenith's face parted with a wicked grin. Seraphina didn't like it as she tugged her gown but maintained her smiling face, "Princess Zenith, did you want something?"

She crossed the distance as her eyes washed over Seraphina. Seraphina resided the cold sweat that was threatening to appear on her forehead. The way she looked, it seemed she had a big thing going on in her mind.

Zenith's grin widened as she said, "Not particularly." She walked around her and Seraphina felt she was in the nest of a viper.

"Well, if you don't want anything, I would like to take rest -"

"Did you think of the proposal I had told you?" Zenith asked as Seraphina stopped. Her heart thumped as she was scared of this conversation. She wanted to avoid this.