✔XXXI - The Human Princess is not what We Think of Her

'The supreme dragon who either unifies a world or brings upon chaos'. A mere tale of dragon folks. It was a saying everyone from the dragon races knew it. As no one had ever witnessed it, the old lore had been taken as a myth. That's exactly how it went for Zenith. A young, beautiful and capable princess of Vortsmog. With a great army her father owned, and a brother who was a Duke, she had everything in her hands.

However, her father wanted more. More power to rule. He proposed a marriage alliance with one of the strongest Dragons, Orion Salamander, the King of The Dragon's Land, for his eldest son, Billard Salamander. Her father knew marrying her into a royalty as high as a king would grant him more power. As after the king, his eldest son would be the next king.

She was scared of the rumors of the Salamander family. However, when she came to her husband's abode, she found herself falling in love with Billard. He was powerful and dominating; however, he had a heart as soft as a flower's petal. He loved his nation, his people and his family. He was deadly to the people who would harm his nation but the rumors weren't all true.

She felt blessed to have a husband like Billard however, one day, her fairy tale took an odd turn. The young prince, Billard Salamander's younger brother, Demian Salamander, got unconscious while having lunch with them. Both her husband and Master Valentine were worried and when Zenith tried to help them, Billard refused. They were very secretive when it came to Demian and she didn't know why.

She had noticed Demian wouldn't come out of his room except for breakfast or lunch and some other time, he would be absent entirely creating an atmosphere as if there wasn't any other prince besides Billard. She found it strange and tried to ask her husband many times but he wouldn't say anything.

But that day, when her husband brought the unconscious body of his brother to Demian's room, Zenith followed him and Master Valentine in secret. As they opened his shirt, she clasped her hand over her mouth to keep from her shock coming to voice. Prince Demian's chest had scales growing and the dark carvings on those scales were like the cracks that exposed the magma within.

She wanted to ask what had happened until she heard Master Valentine and Billard's conversation.

"It's getting bad. What if what the sages said about the supreme dragon comes true?" Billard had asked while Master Valentine consoled him with his words.

"Don't worry, my prince. I'm certain, our young prince wouldn't be the one to bring chaos upon the world. Besides, the sages had told the king about a cure."

Billard's eyes glowed with hope, "What is that?" He demanded with a determined face, "Tell me, Master Valentine, I shall make it happen by any means possible."

"We still have time, my prince. He's still a child and when the time's come we shall do what the sages has suggested."

The myths were true.

Zenith was from a Royal dragon lineage and she had heard from their sages that after every 1000 years, a supreme dragon was born. And when a supreme dragon awakened, he brought a curse with him. The cure had a duality which led to two conclusions one was that he could bring peace and eternal happiness throughout the lands and unify the world or he could either turn into a berserk dragon who would start the great destruction. She thought it was just a tale the sages would say to children but that day everything changed.

The way Demian was suffering from the pain didn't sit right with her. The cold demeanor and that heartless expression and how Demian always emanated the dark aura terrified her. They were all the signs which screamed he wouldn't be a supreme dragon who would unify the world. She didn't know how to save her kind from this curse and how to save her dear husband who was so attached to his destructive brother.