✔L - Something so motherly

Casian couldn't understand what was happening... First, he thought they were fighting but now they seemed to be getting along well. He had made sure that everything was on according to the plan then what went wrong?

He rested his chin on his hand and his door knocked at the moment.

"Lord Casian." Allison called out from behind the door.

"Come, Allison."

The attendant entered and as he was about to close the door, another knock came.

Allison looked at him for permission as Casian waved his hand. 

Allison opened the door and saw a few maids came with their meals contained with meat, fruits, honey tarts and soups. Pretty much a very good arrangement.

"Leave it, I'll take it from here." He said as the maids nodded and went away.

"My Lord, your food has arrived," Allison said as he took the cart inside. 

Casian had been in his thoughts as he didn't hear his attendant. His mind was occupied with the scene where Seraphina had taken Demian's hand in the riot. He had the perfect timing yet the misunderstanding didn't last long. As far as he knew, Demian had a hill full of ego to ask for an apology and if he found anything against his liking, he wouldn't consider judging it. 

As Allison saw his master had been troubled he asked, "Does something matter, My Lord?"

"Hmm..." Casian hummed, "There wasn't a lace of misunderstanding between them."

"You meant between Prince Demian and Princess Seraphina?"

"Yes, of course!" Casian looked at him and added, "if there would not be any cracks in their relationship, how am I supposed to work on my next plan?"

Allison thought for a moment as he said, "Pardon me, but can I say something?"

Casian nodded.

"I think it wouldn't be easy to break them apart."

"And why do you think so?"

"It seems they hold a deep compassion in them."

Casian blinked and laughed as he clutched his belly, "Compassion! That's ridiculous!" 

Casian had never seen the young Prince having anything like this toward anyone and now he had that with an imposter made him pity on his choice. Seraphina wasn't even worthy of his attendant. She wasn't a beauty like he had seen in his place or in Dragon city and her entire entity was questionable. The companions he had so far beauties compared to her yet Demian had chosen her made him laugh.

Certainly, he wanted her to warm his bed but that was more like a trophy. 

He asked Allison, "Tell me Allison, what do you think of Princess Seraphina?"

Allison thought for a moment as he had witnessed her merely for three days and that wasn't enough to judge a person. "She is very outspoken and fearless."

"That's it?"

"That's what I've known so far."

Casian nodded and started to eat as he thought of his next plan for today evening as Lord Heartstone had thrown a banquet for them. It wasn't large enough to call the superiors of other great cities but it was enough to call surrounding City Lords. 

Allison asked, "My Lord, what about the decision Prince Billard had made?"

"I'm certain Prince Demian would be taking care of it." He said as he chewed and added, "besides, I'm not here for that. I'm certain, my brother in law had sent me to protect that little pitiful brother of his."