✔LXVII - The Eye of Devil

The captain growled at his men who didn't notice the massive amount of Dragon soldiers standing behind them, donning in heavy armours. Their armours shone with pride and authority as the reptile on their crest confirmed who they were. Captain Roover's eyes slowly washed over them with distasteful glances then it moved slowly toward the little Prince and saw his smile had widened. It seemed the Prince could read his thoughts and enjoying it. Who the devil was he?

He must have come with preparation. But how come he did all of the arrangements in just one day? Or did he plan all these before?

They were underestimating him. The captain of the Dark Maiden ship. For twenty years nobody could even touch his hair and now this little twat was trying to get his hands on him! Captain Roover's chest swelled with pride and anger as fury burnt his stomach. He was the one who had come back alive from the place of death where no one would come back alive, yet he had. He even achieved a power where no one would dare to think of it. How this child could treat him like that.

"You have lost the battle, Captain Roover." The young Prince said with a smug look on his face which made the captain grit his uneven teeth. He stood there with his face darkening by the seconds as his rage reached his ears. He had never thought he would have to use the terrifying power that he had been surpassing this long but it seemed he had to. He had to show this twat that some powers shouldn't be messed with. He shouldn't be messed with.

He laughed, making Demian a little wary as he said, "Oh, I haven't lost yet, have I?" He could feel power surging through his veins as it reached his left eye where it had been hidden.

A few guards of Demian reached Captain Roover and were about to capture him when he pulled down his eye patch. A glinting white stone stayed there instead of his eyeball, shimmering with light as Demian's brows ceased together.

"This is the eye of a Devil and it snatches away every soul I want it to," he laughed as Demian shouted, "Capture him!"

His three guards were about to capture the captain when the captain moved his eyes to them and instantly the guards fell on the ground, unmoving. As if something had put them to sleep but their chest didn't move. Their bodies turned white as if they had been sleeping in ice.

Seraphina gasped at the sight of the poor guards losing their lives instantly. She had been feeling unusual for quite a while when coming to the port. At first, she thought it was the wizards but now she was clear, it was this stone that gave her the unsettling feelings. What a terrifying power! It snatched the souls as if some hungry stone went out to fill its stomach.

When the captain mentioned the stone, The eye of the devil. She felt like she had heard it somewhere but had no idea where.

Now that she remembered, Merlene had told her about it. There were three stones which were very powerful and no one in this world should mess up with them. The white stone was the Eye of The Devil, the bloody red stone was the Kiss of the Devil and the black stone which no one had ever seen was the Death stone, the Death of the Devil.

Seraphina had only heard about it and never thought she would ever get to see one. All three stones had hunger for death and destruction. How could the captain get it? The stones should not fall on the wrong hands.

She tightened her grip on Demian's hand as Demian looked at her, questioningly. Seeing her a bit rigid and tense, he caressed her hand with his thumb. "Don't worry, Seraphina, it is just another stone."

"But, it's not a good stone. I feel like I've heard somewhere about it."

Demian cast her a smile of reassurance that everything would be fine and Seraphina could feel her tension lifting away but still she could not understand the knot in her belly. Her conscience screamed that the stone should not be here.