✔LXXIV - Tales of the little Devil's Childhood

Master Valentine had noticed something was off between Demian and Seraphina. In normal circumstances, Seraphina would always push his buttons yet now, they were silent. Very silent, to be precise.

As they finished their dinner Demian got up first and went away at a hurried pace, his face was dry and his eyes had lost their sparks and Seraphina's face carved with pain the minute he left. Was the Young Prince treating Seraphina poorly? Why?

He decided to have a chat with her after their meals and besides, he didn't have time to talk after they had come. He needed to know about the stone as well. It seemed Prince Demian hadn't told them everything.

Reginald, one of his shadow Guards had informed him that the dangerous stone, The Eye of Devil, had been with the Young Prince and he needed to know what he wanted with it...

He knew Prince Demian had his own trusted men and Master Valentine had a hunch that he knew about his Shadow Guards. Although it didn't matter even if he knew it since they were appointed solely for the protection of the Princes and this whole castle including their kingdom but they had served another purpose as well, that was to eliminate a problem before it arose. If the stone was a problem, then he had to terminate it.

Seraphina stood up and said, "Your Highness, pardon me but I am not feeling well. I would like to go back to my chamber."

Billard smiled as he nodded, "Of course, take rest."

Before leaving, Seraphina's eyes moved toward Princess Zenith for a moment and the crown Prince's wife cast her a look that said something was going on between them. It didn't go unnoticed by the old advisor.

Hmm... So many things had been happening under his nose, Master Valentine thought as he looked at Prince Billard who was having his meal in silence but he and Princess Zenith had been talking about their current affairs.

As they finished their meals, Prince Billard started to walk toward his study chamber as Princess Zenith went to her room while humming a merry tune. It seemed she was very happy. Maybe it was because the crown prince had been going to her everyday. A few weeks before, he was very busy and always stayed behind his study table when he barely went to his wife.

Master Valentine followed behind the crown Prince as Billard said, "Master Valentine, have you noticed something?"

"What is it, Your Highness?" He asked.

"I think there are some issues going on between Demian and Seraphina."

Of course, Prince Billard had noticed it as well and Master Valentine hoped the problem didn't involve her being a wizard. Lately, people were talking about strange rumours on wizards living in the castle and Master Valentine had a hunch that someone had leaked out information about Seraphina.

Who could know about her? He had already spread out his goons all over the place to find the culprit and put off the rumours as it might end up digging up the truth.

Demian's transformation was around the corner and he could not take the risk of losing Seraphina now as she was the only one who couldn't be doubted as a secret bodyguard of the young Prince. And after that, as he had promised, he would help her to go back to her nation safely and bring the real princess here.

However, it would be a problem probably because the human princess was in the water nation. He had sent his men often to check on princess Naomi and if everything was according to his plan. However, some of the uncertain things were happening where he didn't put his nose.

"Yes, Your Highness. I have noticed it. Prince Demian is acting strange toward Princess Seraphina." Master Valentine said.

"I don't know what happened but seeing the two so far away from each other pains me." Prince Billard said.