✔Chapter XI - The big day of Marriage

Chapter 11.

"You are not the princess, are you?"

Seraphina couldn't find her voice as Master Valentine asked her the simple yet, the deadlist question.

"Wh-What makes you think that?" She asked and he clasped his hands.

"Human nation doesn't give combat training to the women." He said and Seraphina straightened her back.

"My father allowed me to train in combat." She said, it was the truth though.

Master Valentine raised his eyebrow, somehow the air around him seemed to be getting heavy, Seraphina somehow had a feeling that this old man wasn't something that his outer appearance defined. He was a dragon after all.

"He did, did he?" He mused and Seraphina nodded truthfully.

"Did you by any chance know any of the attackers?" He asked and Seraphina shook her head.

"I don't know, I was interrogating one of those attackers but before he could answer he was killed." She said and Master Valentine's smile disappeared.

"Do you have any suspicions as of who might be behind it?" He asked and Seraphina shrugged her shoulders.

"I have just arrived here, I don't know who would try to attack me and the prince." She said.

"How do you know that the attack wasn't aimed only at you?"

"Because the arrows were aimed right at him- His Highness." She quickly corrected.

"So, you have the inkling of what might be happening." He said and Seraphina resisted the urge to shake her head.

"I don't quite follow what you are trying to say, Master Valentine." Seraphina said and he sighed.

"Please take a seat." He gestured towards the chairs and Seraphina sat down along with him.

"It seems like someone is trying to kill you and prince Demian." His words made her frown slightly.

"I can understand about the attack on me, but why the prince?" She asked.

"That's what makes the matters, worse princess..." He spoke and Seraphina felt her insides tightening, "We don't know why someone would go to the extent of posing any threat to the dragon prince. Whoever it is, he is able to breach the dragon palace walls and also has a killing intent."

"Then, we should tell the first prince about it." She said and Master Valentine shook his head.

"We can't." Master Valentine said making her look at him quizzically.

"Prince Demian has forbade us from doing so, with the marriage being tomorrow we can't disclose this to the first prince until the marriage ceremony is finished." He said and Seraphina clenched her fists hearing of the marriage.

"Does the prince have any enemies?" Seraphina asked and Master Valentine smiled.

"Being dragons we do have a lot of enemies, I currently might be talking to one." The way his eyes landed on her made all the blood in her body turn cold.

"I'm not your enemy." She clarified quickly and he clasped his hands.

"I said, I might be talking to one of our enemies. I never said, you were our enemy." The old man was sly with his words, Seraphina had to be careful while dealing with him.

"I stood by the prince today, and despite my upbringing I engaged in a combat with the guards." She said and Master Valentine smiled at her.

"I am deeply grateful to you for that, princess. Your courage today saved our prince but it still doesn't give me any conviction that you might not be the perpetrator behind today's act." Seraphina's jaw slackened as she heard his words. There was no shred of trust among these dragons for other species!