Chapter 93 - The Cruel Side of Him

Zenith had always been obedient. She was obedient when her father said not to go outside of her chamber as she was growing to be a beautiful woman. She obeyed when her mother said she needed to learn everything that an ideal lady would know even though she might never need it again. She had always stayed in her room looking outside and never tried to get herself swayed with her desires. She didn't even let the thought of exploring the outside world come to her mind. She learned stitching, cooking and every little thing that would be needed for her father to propose a marriage alliance with The Salamanders.

She had always known that she would be the Queen of the Dragon Nation because that was what her father taught her. She never told anyone what she wanted. She never dreamt of her desires because it will only make her want to break all the rules. She wanted everyone to know her existence as Zenith and not as a daughter of a famous ruler and not as a wife of a King. That was why she wanted to become a queen so everyone could see her worth. However, that dream of hers might never come true as the words left from Billard's mouth.

"Wha- what?" She asked as Billard smiled.

"I liked that you have the nerve to send your men--your father's men--to kill my brother." He repeated while Zenith went still.

"Yo-you are mistaken. I-I would never do that." Zenith's heart thumped and her palms and forehead got sweat bids. She had never imagined out of everyone Billard would find out about it. Had the wizard tell him? There was no way he would find out! She had been careful.

Billard laughed which echoed through her heart and it fastened its pace.

"Of course, you didn't." Billard's eyes grew intense and with each second her fear pinning her body with its thorns. "Because your men could not even reach them." Billard added which made her confused.

She didn't say a thing as she was petrified and her mind became blank.

"Do you want to know how the wizards get into the castle?" Her husband asked, sending a cold threat toward her. Indeed she wanted to know because it was bad news if wizards had infiltrated their home.

Then she recalled her brother saying something like each one of his men died. Wasn't that Seraphina and the dragon guards who killed them?

"You assigned your men and they took advantage of it."

She looked up at him with wide eyes.

"They killed your men and disguised themselves as them." Billard said, "Of course, as a future Queen, you certainly know some good ways to enter the castle, don't you?"

She gulped. She hadn't expected her plan would back fire her. All she had wanted to save her home but instead she ended up making a mess. She looked down at the ground.

"I- I didn't want our men to suffer that-"

"Enough!" Billard's voice echoed in their chamber and it made her shudder in fear.

"Tell me why did you want to kill my brother? What did he do to you?" He asked, "I know how he treats you is rude but he gives the same treatment to everyone."

"But he is cursed.. "

The moment it left her mouth, Billard went still. A thick silence wrapped them under a duvet and Billard asked, "Ho-how did you know?"

She looked at her husband and saw rage ruling over him. His golden eyes were on fire and she drifted away her eyes from her husband. She was scared even to look at him.

Billard came near her in two long strides and squished her shoulders harshly that might leave some bruises. She hissed in pain but he didn't leave her as he roared in anger, "Tell me, how did you know that?"