✔XXXII - The Damn Witch Managed to Break The Wall!

"Your Highness!" Demian cringed slightly as Alonzo threw himself at Demian and missing him as Demian quickly stepped away.

Fat tears flowed down Alonzo's red cheeks and his nose turned pink as he persistently sniffed the dropping snot. His fingers reached out to clutch Demian's cloak as he gazed at Demian with his large pleading eyes.

"Are you alright, Your Highness? I knew you shouldn't have gone alone with only four knights you should've taken me with you, Your Highness." He cried and Demian looked at Master Valentine who eyed the manchild clinging to Demian's cloak.

"Alonzo–"

"Don't you speak, Master Valentine you didn't let me go and look what happened!" Alonzo really seemed like he wouldn't listen to anyone and would literally stay glued to Demian's side all the time.

"But His Highness is all right, Alonzo and Princess Seraphina was also attacked, remember? She saved His Highmess's life." Master Valentine tried to coax Alonzo.

"I pray to the sacred Dragon for her long life." Alonzo sniffed.

"Well, she is being targeted too." Demian spike up and Alonzo looked up at him.

"You know just like me her life is in danger as well and she is just a weak human." 

"His Highness can protect himself but what about Princess Seraphina? She needs someone strong to protect her too, right?" Master Valentine added, Alonzo seemed to be contemplating.

"Yes... what you say is also correct." 

"Alonzo?" Alonzo turned as Demian called him, "You are my loyal subordinate, aren't you?"

"Without a doubt, Your Highness!" Alonzo jumped up to his feet straightening his back.

"Then, shall I give you a tough task?"

"I'll be honored to be of any assistance to you, Your Highness." The tears that flowed from his eyes were long gone and a glint of strong determination lit up his eyes.

"Then, be Seraphina's personal guard. I don't want her to get into any trouble and you have to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid." Master Valentine looked at Demian feeling slightly amused.

Alonzo's chest puffed up as a proud smile stretched his lips up, "You don't worry now, Your Highness. I shall be the best personal guard for Princess Seraphina and I will protect her with my life." 

"Excellent. Now then, go do your duty." Demian almost shooed him away and Alonzo bowed low before rushing off towards Seraphina's chamber.

"I shall pray for Princess Seraphina's patience." Master Valentine said.

"I'll pray that she won't end up using him in some of her stupid antics." 

Master Valentine noticed the lightness in Prince Demian's voice as he said so, it was quite less but there was a hint of relief which made the burden on Master Valentine's chest lighten a little. He didn't know if letting Seraphina stay around even after being an imposter was a sin or not but about one thing he was sure that with her being around Prince Demian had changed and was continuing to change. Master Valentine liked this change and prayed that Seraphina's secret wouldn't unfold before anyone.

*****

"I believe this human princess is not what we think of her."

Zenith looked at her brother Casian. "What do you mean?"

"She could be an imposter that the human king may have sent in the place of the real princess." He shrugged.

Zenith gave it a thought and she recalled how unusual Seraphina's actions are, she didn't have any grace or beauty that let alone a princess but a lady had. The stiffness, the way she talked, the way she fought like men. There was no way she would have been a princess just as she was doubting.