✔LXI - Stubborn just like Your Father

With steady pace, Demian and Alonzo left the dungeon after Irwin disclosed every details of the trading ship. It was a very prideful moment for Alonzo as his old eyes got to witness his master's growth. He had expected The Young Prince to use torturous methods as he had done so previously but seeing him handling with knowledge and one's emotions was a quite the sight for him.

When Prince Billard had announced the marriage between him and and Princess of human nation, he had a doubt that it would make the matter worse but seeing him growing made the old steward believe that it was the best decision. His lips curled up under his thick bushy moustache which swayed in the air.

His greying eyes watched the young master heading toward the great hall as he followed him from behind. His unforgiving nature had been slowly perishing. Now, he had learnt to show affection and empathy.

The great hall seemed more crowded with the Lords reuniting with their families after giving away their wealth and status. Some were weeping and after crying and sleeping on the floor, it seemed they had experienced great trauma in their life. Well, it was only the beginning.

They all stiffened as Prince Demian entered, his eyes gazing over them as coldly as ever. The sympathy he had earlier wasn't present in his deep blue eyes. He asked Alonzo as he placed his hands on his hips, "How are the things going here?"

Alonzo spoke from beside him as he placed his one hand on his chest, "Allow me give to you the full detailed report, Your Highness."

He called out captain Seniel who was writing on a large scroll and as soon as he heard his name, he came running in his armour. He kneeled on one of his legs, "Yes, Your Highness."

"Tell the detailed report of how much work have done here," Alonzo spoke.

"Yes, Your Highness." He remained on the the ground while his head hung low as he stated, "We have stored everything in the vault and taken the papers to another chamber. All the details of the lands had been placed on a scroll and have been written with detailed information. Half of the Lords have already arrived and the rest of them are waiting in queue."

Demian nodded, "Alright. How many days it would take to count all of their money?"

"Two days more, Your Highness."

"Excellent."

The captain bowed again as Demian moved around his eyes one more time. His men were well composed and handling the lords quite tactically. It was impressive and praiseworthy how years of training and discipline had made them in capable men. Quite capable hands he got there.

Demian looked down at Captain Seniel as he said, "Gather your best men, Captain who are best in both offense and defense." He pursed his lips and after a short pause he added, "Make sure they can handle unusual powers and are can make quick decision in a battle."

Captain Seniel tilted his head although he had no trace of emotions running on his face, his silent gaze said he had some questions.

Demian asked, "You have some questions, Captain Seniel?"

"Yes, Your Highness." He said as he stood up to leave, "Where shall I bring them?"

Demian cast him a smile as he said, "You will bring them in the study chamber of Lord Heartstone and immediately, captain, for we have no time in our hands."

He nodded as he left.

"Alonzo, You have a task to do." Demian said as Alonzo asked, "What is it, your Highness?"

"Bring the men of Lord Heartstone to the chamber."

Alonzo looked at him for a while as he could not understand what he wanted to do with them. He was certain, they had no use of him. Maybe he needed them for more information as he nodded, "Yes, Your Highness."