✔LX - Last Gift

Seraphina was enraged after Demian had gone without her. She sat on the bed with a grumpy manner as her fists clenched against her skirt. How dare he say he would tie her up!

Her face heated. And to say it in front of Alonzo!

What was happening to her? Up until now she wasn't this riled up by anyone-other than Demian, that is. But now wasn't the time to get all angry as Demian had made sure she didn't leave her room. The three guards behind the door gave off a dangerous amount of aura and not to mention, he had threatened her with tying up and doing something about it.

She flushed. Honestly, what was wrong with her mind these days? Her thoughts were taking different routes, especially the once she couldn't even spell.

She laid down on the bed as her eyes stared at the ceiling. Intricate carvings of dragons painted on it conveying different tales. Each dragon seemed to be different but one of the dragons was very familiar. It was white. Where had she seen it?

She tried to remember as her eyes moved toward the window where daylight penetrated and she got an excellent idea. A grin parted her lips as she jolted up on the bed.

If The Dragon Prince thought he could confine her in this chamber, he had been so wrong.

Now it was time to get dressed!

*****

Demian and Alonzo were heading toward the dungeon once again to resume their interrogation that had been delayed due to his exhaustion. Now that he had taken enough sleep, he would not make a mistake to postpone it again. Time was flying and he had been feeling the pain in his skin coming back.

"Are the families alright?" Demian asked.

"Yes, your Highness. I had to provide the children with food and water." Alonzo said as Demian nodded.

"What about the Lords?"

"Most of them had arrived in the early morning and now have lined up before the entrance."

Great. Everything was going smoothly as they would get enough money from them. He knew the Lords may have spent most of their earnings in making the city, but still they weren't naive enough to spend it full.

Soon they reached the dungeon and Demian saw Irwin from the gap of the door who stayed at a side in a cocoon, his clothes reeking of blood, sweat and urine. The dirt on him matched his personality well and it was what he deserved.

The guard opened the door with a noise which had woken most of the captive soldiers and Irwin jolted up immediately. As he saw them, he crawled back, fear replaced his dizziness. His swelling had gotten dipper and taken a brilliant shade of blue and purple.

Demian went inside as Alonzo followed. Both of their faces were grim and it made Irwin more frightened that already he was.

"Y-your Highness?" He mumbled weakly as he bowed.

"I had been thinking that there was something in your story that quite isn't matching," Demian said.

Irwin gulped. "W-what is it, Your Highness?"

"It's very unusual that out of all places in the Dragon Nation, the wizards came to start their business in Rockdelia where the water travel is quite expensive. They could have got to the East side where the forest was an easy way to do their deeds. Yet, they chose Rockdelia further away from the wizard nation," Demian stated matter-of-factly yet it had hinted some untold doubts which made Irwin's body to tremble before him. He gulped.

He could not even say or think what the devil before him was about to do. This person was no doubt very dangerous and certainly hard to read. Somehow, Irwin thought, was it the end of his journey