✔LXVI - Captain of Dark Maiden

The captain saw through his one eye that all of the knights of the Dragons were exhausted and sweating as he smirked at the so-called Prince. What was his name again? Ah! Demian Salamander.

He had heard his deeds as how merciless he was but never saw him. He had expected to see a grown up man instead of a child. Just a young one who had no experience in battles. He smiled inwardly as he was going to fight a winning battle. He had twenty six crew members including himself and most of them had experience in battles while the soldiers were merely a bunch of rookies. He was sure they hadn't even gone out of their protective barrier of Dragon nation.

He pouted, "I had been expecting a good fight."

The little kid smiled at him but his eyes were cold as ice as he said, "Oh! Don't you worry, I am here to grant your wish, after all that's why I came here."

He had to praise the boy for his confidence and laughed hysterically as his eye fell on the woman behind him. What was a woman doing here? Talk about some nuisance taking their plaything on the battlefield. Well, after winning, he could always take that girl as his prize. After all, it had been months since he had laid his eyes on any woman.

"Enough with the chit chat! After I win this battle, I will be taking that girl beside you," he said and the little Prince's eyes blazed devilishly as it turned two shades darker. That girl might be really important as he hadn't expected this expression from him and the captain grinned. He had hit a nerve.

He ordered his men as his left hand pointed at the enemies, "Finish them all!"

His crew immediately took action as they launched their attacks. Most of them had ground power and two of them had water power. And it seemed the environment they had chosen was in favour of them. It was a forest and just beside it was the ocean. Perfect for water users.

As the ground wizards put their hands on the soil, the ground beneath the soldiers moved in unusual ways. They looked at their feet and noticed it had started to become muddy as the knights stumbled and soon their legs were detained in it. They tried to free themselves but it stuck on them like glue.

As the soldiers' legs were finally restrained in the muddy soil, his men went forward with their swords toward the poor soldiers who were going to be dead in a matter of time. He smiled and his eyes moved toward the little Prince as he expected a shock, or fear instead he noticed, he had a smirk of his own, playing on his lips. Why was he smirking?

He might have gone insane or maybe smirking at his own foolishness. He scoffed and saw his men reaching them.

They swung their sword as his grin became widened; however, as they neared, their sword met with another set of swords in the air. He saw a few knights from behind the restricted soldiers deflect the wizards' swords in swift manner. The captain's jaw hung. From where they had arrived? He clearly saw the soldiers getting stuck.

Before his mind could register, the Dragon soldiers jumped taking their comrades' shoulders as a help to reach his crew members. As his men hadn't been prepared, they were unable to move instantly and the soldiers had already done their tasks.

A series of heads fell on the ground as fruits fell from trees along with their motionless bodies. As soon as their heads were severed, the ground became normal and the previous soldiers were released. All of them came out of the mud as they stood with their eyes blazing with fire and the captain gritted his teeth. Eight of their men were already dead all because he had been overconfident with himself and with his men.

"Useless fools! Look before you act!" He shouted as his eyes fell on the little Prince who still had the same smirk on his face. His blood boiled as how a mere child defeated him in the first hours of his battle!