Chapter 91 - A Masked Prince

Prince Billard stood before them with his silver hair fluttering in the air and giving them the chill and the thick atmosphere conveyed that it was the end of their lives today..

Seraphina felt her feet and hands were going numb against the powerful being before her. She knew Prince Billard was anything but a weak Dragon Prince. She had always been wary of him as if there was something in him that told her to never mess with the crown prince and it terrified her. It could have been the dragon power he had but she knew well it wasn't just only that.

She had always felt that the crown Prince had some hidden power and a hidden personality in him which he tried to deny or didn't want anyone to witness. But now she was witnessing him through her very own eyes, the masked Prince of The Salamanders. The other personality which was the exact opposite of his gentle nature. His golden eyes were sharp like a killer and his face was devoid of any emotions. It reminded her of Demian.

The brothers were alike but the older one was only hiding it under a mask of gentleness. His right palm rested on the hilt of his large sword as he scrutinized all of them with his hawkeyes moving from one to other.

Seraphina felt her knees weakened at seeing his sword. It was large enough to kill all three of them in a swing. However, the other sword he held in his free hand made her confused. It was the sword the dwarfs made for her. Why did he have that with him?

Billard might have read her confusion as he said, "Confused as to why I am here with your sword?"

His voice held no gentle vibes; instead it was the voice of a predator, who was waiting patiently for his prey. Was he going to kill her?

Seraphina didn't say anything, she stood with a stupid face and thought if he were to kill her then so be it. But she would try to talk with him. Because right that moment, she knew saving Demian was her priority and she would do anything to do that even if she had to cross paths with the future king of the Dragon nation.

"Did you think you could go and cause more trouble for us and for my brother?"

"I -"

"Silence!" He said, "I don't want to hear any word from the mouth of a wizard who keeps dragging my brother into his grave."

Seraphina was at a loss of words as she knew he was right. He had all the rights to get angry at her and even doubt her. It was her fault in the first place.

But it hurt her as he discarded her because she was a wizard. She didn't have a choice on her race but she had a choice on who would be in her life and what would be her decision.

"Then don't listen." Seraphina said, gathering her courage as she clenched her palms. If he didn't want to hear her, she had only one choice that was to make him hear her forcibly. If he didn't want to let her go, she would have to do it forcefully even if she had to fight. "Watch me as I save Demian."

"Save my brother?" A dry scoff left from Billard's throat, "You don't even have your powers anymore. The flame queen is long gone. How can you save my brother?"

Seraphina clenched her jaw but took a deep breath as she said, "I never liked to be called by that name. I don't even remember who had given me that name. All I know is that it is my duty to keep Demian safe as all of these happened because of me and I take full responsibility."

Her eyes looked straight at the golden eyes of him. It was daring to keep eye contact as the crown Prince seemed vicious and very threatening at the moment.

Billard was silent for some time as if he was trying to read her or finding anything suspicious about her as he narrowed his eyes to the slit. "I don't trust you."