✔XXXIX - The Conference Part II

"Prince Demian, I would not tolerate any more insults from your wife."

All the while Demian sat in silence as Seraphina had barged into the room. At first, he was irritated and angry as he had told her not to poke her nose everywhere but knowing how she was he was not surprised to find her standing right beside him now. It seemed as though she had the right of being in that place, the place which she had the power to keep. 

Demian moved, relaxing from his stiff position he placed his elbow on the armchair and rested his chin on his palm as he gave a smirk to Lord Heartstone.

"I see the valid point in whatever she says, Lord Heartstone." He said and felt Seraphina's eyes on him, "whatever she says may strike you as insult but I don't think that, she speaks of what she thinks just like you and other nobles are allowed to say." Demian said and tilted his head to look at Billard.

"I request Your Highness to allow Princess Seraphina to be a part of this conference as a representative of the human nation and keep the side of the commoners." He said and Billard eyed Seraphina once and then his brother.

After a few more seconds Billard turned to face the nobles, "Princess Seraphina being the human princess and also the representative of human nation is qualified enough to state her views and she may play her role as an advocate for the poor." He allowed and Demian felt relieved. He knew Seraphina was capable of getting into trouble but she also wouldn't just run away from the trouble, she would meet it head-on and fight it till she would win. 

The lords weren't pleased at all at the sight of the princess. Demian could feel the displeased stares of the nobles but he knew no one would overstep their boundaries. They might try to but he was there to handle that with her.

"I apologize but I am against this addition, Your Highness. What would a human have to say? I believe, the weakest races should put their head out of this matter where my nation is involved."

"Be sure to mind your language, Lord Heartstone. The human you talk of is my wedded wife and the nation you speak of isn't yours, I can strip you of your power as easily as I can snap my fingers then there wouldn't be any difference between you and the people you think you can exploit." Demian brought his hand up and snapped his fingers.

The sound of it wasn't quite loud but for Lord Heartstone it felt like it would burst his eardrums. He was livid, all he could see was red, but he had to keep a hold on his anger, he could not go against the royalty. Now that Prince Demian had clearly stated that he could take away his nobility status he would have to stay low.

"Please take your seat, Lord Heartstone and Princess Seraphina, why don't you have a seat too?" Billard said.

Lord Heartstone slumped back in his seat and Demian felt Seraphina still standing beside his chair.

"I'll stay here." She said and Demian looked up to see her determined face.

"It's quite a spectacle to see Princess Seraphina standing in power unlike any human I've seen." Casian said with a smile which would've suited on a Cheshire Cat.

"You can go ahead Princess Seraphina." Billard said and Seraphina inhaled deeply before exhaling.

Seraphina began, "First of all, you had raised the taxes and hadn't been giving them proper wages of their labour, how do you think they will pay you back when they have to buy their own crops or goods three times higher than they had sold?"

Lord Accoridin spoke, "That is not our concern, as far as I know, they live under the protection of us and on our lands, they have to pay for that."

"Then give them their proper estimated value and abolish the taxes..."