✔LXVIII - I promise to put them through Hell

Demian and Seraphina had returned to Lord Heartstone's palace and as soon as Seraphina came out of the carriage, she found a really angry entity glaring at her as his moustache twitched vigorously.

"Alonzo!" She called out rather cheerfully as with three long strides, the old steward came across the distance and asked in a very calm manner, "Your Highness, mind telling me where have you been?"

Seraphina scratched the back of her neck, "Err... I-" she could not find any possible excuse as she looked at Demian for help.

"Well," Demian began, "she had followed me to the port and I might add, she went there with Casian." Now even Demian sent her daggers from his eyes.

"Casian, you say?" Alonzo nodded as his glares intensified and Seraphina felt somehow those two had ganged up on her.

"Ah! What a great day to have my favourite dessert!" Seraphina said and tried to escape from there as Alonzo said, "Well, I might forget to bring the favourite snacks of your Highness."

Seraphina halted and looked back almost pouting, "But why?"

"Did you say why?" Alonzo asked and it seemed he wanted her to question him because he had one hundred reasons not to give her the favourite snacks.

Seraphina cowered back as Alonzo began, his foot tapped on the ground as he crossed his hands above his chest, "First, you have snuck out of the castle despite knowing Prince Demian had ordered you to stay here, second, you have gone with Prince Casian!"

Seraphina diverted her eyes as it created doubt in both Alonzo and Demian's head.

Alonzo asked the young Prince in a low voice, "Your Highness, pardon me, but did something happen between the two?"

"I have been trying to ask that for this whole journey back to the palace but each time she has been changing the subject." Demian said as Alonzo hummed and his suspicious eyes fell on Seraphina.

As both of the men narrowed their eyes down at her, Seraphina felt their pressure on her. "Enough of me!" She said feeling proud, "Alonzo, you should know I have saved your Prince ones more."

Alonzo looked at Demian who said, "Of course not! This time I have protected you, dear wife."

Seraphina's cheeks got reddened and she seemed like she would have liked the ground to swallow her. "Wha- what are you saying?"

"Why? Now, I can't even call my wife, my dear wife?" He asked and she knew her dear husband was teasing her again.

"Th-that's not what I meant!" Seraphina exclaimed, her ears felt warm. "I am tired! I'm going to my chamber." And she dashed away from there with a flustered face as both Demian and Alonzo smiled at her.

As soon as Seraphina went away, Alonzo's face became grim along with Demian and a tense atmosphere surrounded them.

"Did you find out anything about Felis?" Demian asked as Irwin could not tell him more than a few things.

Alonzo shook his head, "No, Your Highness, I have asked the citizens of Rockdelia about the trading and about this Felis person, it seems, nobody knows anything about him."

"What about Lady Cathride, she seemed to have seen him."

"Yes, but unfortunately, she has been acting weird since yesterday."

Demian looked at the old steward questioningly, "What do you mean?"

"Well, at first, she had been crying, then suddenly she started to laugh and after last night, she..."