✔Chapter XX - To the Hidden Valley of The Dragons

Seraphina's wounds had recovered almost but the questions kept coming into her mind. What princess Zenith said was it true? Would they really sacrifice her after Demian turned 14? And, would Demian really turn into a berserk dragon and go on a rampage?

Seraphina could sense the tension emanating even from Celia as she was packing up Seraphina's luggage for their visit to the Sages of the Hidden Valley of Dragons. After princess Zenith had left giving both girls the ominous news both of them hadn't been able to sleep properly and hadn't talked well regarding the matter. Seraphina knew Celia might be glad that it wasn't her princess Naomi who was in this situation now. Seraphina wondered if princess Zenith could really help her out or not, she did say she would help her get out of the dragonsland and escort her safely to the human nation but somehow her mind resisted to believe that Demian would turn berserk. She hoped that nothing like that would happen.

It had been a week since Seraphina had seen Demian. Most of the time she had seen him on the breakfast table and whenever she approached after their meals she didn't find Demian in his study nor in his chamber. She even went to her chamber at night but he wasn't there even in his quarter. It was as if he was avoiding her.

Seraphina never found herself this much restless and angry.

She wanted to see him, most probably annoy him as he had the nerve to ignore her. Seraphina thought their relationship was improving after their small tour in Rockmond, however, now it felt their relationship had gone back to square one again after the attack. Was he that offended? Why was he ignoring her? His ignorance was making her more wary and having no answers was like a final straw. If she couldn't demand answers from him then she would have to investigate about this matter. The fear went down as she decided to keep it for later to worry about and focused on the present.

"Let's go, Seraphina." Celia said but it didn't reach her ears.

She was going to see him today, and probably would smack on his head to talk. Her head had been filled with the thoughts of how she would strangle that little devil.

"Seraphina."

Seraphina snapped out of her thoughts and blinked at Celia, "Yes? What is it?"

Celia observed her for a moment then asked, "Are you worried about what princess Zenith said the other day?"

Sera raised a brow, "Why would I be worried about him becoming a monster?"

Celia shrugged, "Maybe because he would turn into a berserk dragon and destroy everything?"

"No! I'm not worried about that... besides, it would be better if he got crazy, that way I would be able to beat the pig out of him." Seraphina cracked her knuckles and smirked to herself. However, she was worried because it was the curse that would make him a monster. From their little interactions, she came to believe that Demian was not a bad person. He was just suffering.

"Let's go, we'll be late."

Hidden Valley. The valley was somewhere deep in the bosom of the forest and only the royals knew how to reach it. She suddenly remembered the old sages had the ability to peek in the future. What if they could tell how to lift the curse? If she would come across them, she would definitely ask how to lift the curse. Maybe, she would be able to ask about her seal as well.

"Lately, you've been spacing out a lot..." Celia said.

"Because I am pissed at him. He had been avoiding me. Did you notice?"

Celia nodded. "Maybe he is busy because he wants to finish his work before taking a break."

But it didn't soothe Seraphina's thundering heart. Maybe he had been busy but it wasn't very far to reach the day when he would finally turn into a dragon.