✔XXXVIII - The Grand Entry

Seraphina prepared herself as her mind formed various ideas to sneak out of her chamber. She nodded and with determined steps she went near the door and opened it. As soon as she did, she found Alonzo standing right at her door, his mustache flapping with his breath determinedly. Her brows twitched. Why was he so guarded around her, today? He and Celia had been tagging along for a few days but now he was always there whenever Seraphina even tried to peek—or tried to sneak out, for that matter.

"Alonzo..." Seraphina's gaze narrowed down at the tall lean steward, "Move aside! I want to go to Demian's room."

"That, I'm afraid, I can't allow now as his Highness is busy today," his eyes lingered on her as both of them entered into the battle of staring and Alonzo added, "very busy."

There was some more battle and it seemed Alonzo wasn't going to back off any moment. Just how much did he like to obey Demian's words? Seraphina was certain it was that little Devil's planning. To confine her in this room!

But she was Seraphina Flameheart. And no walls could hold her.

Seraphina chuckled as she scratched the back of her head and said with a flowery voice, "Alonzo... Move aside. I am hungry."

"Don't worry your Highness, I've already asked Celia to deliver your meals here." Alonzo returned the smile as Seraphina grinded her teeth. Damn that steward! He came prepared so she couldn't run away from his sight.

"And I've already arranged your favourite dishes," came from behind Alonzo. It was Celia, struggling to balance the plates in her hands. Meat, and a lot of other plates filled with mouthwatering food and her favourite dessert.

Seraphina's stomach growled and she resisted the saliva from dripping off her mouth. Celia placed them on the table and with a smile looked at her.

Seraphina was about to sway with her desire however, she halted. Her eyes drifted between both Celia and Alonzo. Why did Celia prepare that much food when she had always been complaining about stitching open her clothes to fit her and not to forget, the lectures of an ideal woman should always have a thin waist?

Suspicious...

"Why am I getting a feeling that you two are trying to occupy me here?"

"What?" Alonzo exclaimed, "You are imagining things, your Highness." He pushed Seraphina back to the room and carefully closed the door behind him and added, "Now, now... Please eat your meal Princess. You are getting thin and I am certain, our young Prince doesn't like thin women."

"Wha—" Seraphina turned to Alonzo as anger danced on her nose, "and why do I have to eat according to that midg— err His Highness's choice of women?"

"Tsk. Tsk." Alonzo shook his head as his mustache bore a serious vibe as well as his eyes, "A woman should always wrap her man around her fingers, your Highness."

"But you are a man, how can you advise a woman to wrap a man?"

"Because I am unmarried..." Alonzo said proudly as his mustache gave a proud loop.

A gap formed on Seraphina's mouth.

Celia nodded, "Yes, what Mr. Alonzo said is true," she crossed the distance and held a serious expression on her face, "you should always, always have to make sure that his Highness doesn't wonder his eyes around other women."

The pressure that both the maid and the steward created, made Seraphina's head throb painfully and she simply nodded with a weak 'okay'. Seraphina was mistaken thinking there were no walls that could hold her down.

As a good little girl, she sat on the chair as Celia and Alonzo released a sigh. Celia served her the dishes when they both exchanged a look and nodded knowing Seraphina had stopped trying.