✔LVII - The Rumoured Prince

Demian and Seraphina headed for the great hall after they tackled the citizens. The citizens now seemed to be at ease after hearing Demian's encouraging speech and they would wait until Demian's orders took action. It would take quite a while before that happens as he got his hands full with other important tasks.

Alonzo and Seraphina trailed behind Demian as Seraphina glaced often at the old steward. As Alonzo felt her gaze, he asked, "Err... Did you need something, Your Highness?"

Seraphina narrowed down her gaze and shot him a grim expression with a mixture of suspicion. How could the crybaby steward wasn't petrified or troubled by Prince Demian's dark demeanor.

"You..." She was hesitating as Demian was their hearing range and she got near as she whispered, "How come you are not shocked at Demian's behavior?"

The steward looked at the back of the Young Prince and as if for a flash of a moment, she saw a worried face hidden under Alonzo's grim expression. At that moment, Seraphina learnt, it wasn't that he wasn't worried but he was just staying by his master no matter how much of a crude he became. She could feel that Alonzo wasn't acting on mere an oath but as a guardian and as a servant.

"I have seen His Highness before in this state and it is just," he halted as he cast a small smile at Seraphina, "After you came, that side of him was pushed away for a few weeks."

A gape formed on Seraphina's jaw as she asked, "So, he was always like this?"

Alonzo nodded as Demian said as he marched forward, his mind filled with notions, tactics and evil thoughts of tortures, "Alonzo, kindly send the reports to Master Valentine."

Alonzo nodded enthusiastically as he informed, "I have already sent Master Valentine the detailed reports, Your Highness."

"Also," Demian thought for a moment as Alonzo raised a brow and his Highness waved his hand to dismiss the subject, "nevermind."

Alonzo's moustache twitched suspiciously, "What is it, Your Highness? If anything has been bothering you, please say it."

Demian did say anything for a minute or two as his calculating gaze was in front of him. Although his feet moved, Alonzo could feel that little head of his was still thinking something and it was bothering him greatly.

"We still haven't gotten any information on 'the vile man' Mrs Heartstone was talking about." Demian's forehead got creases of worry and it seemed it wasn't a trivial matter that they were thinking. But then it was true, why would a man appear all of a sudden for slaves. This matter didn't settle inside Demian's mind and he felt his head start to hurt after a lot of thinking.

Nevertheless, it didn't matter if he had no knowledge of this vile man but he would eventually find whoever it was.

"We have to interrogate Lord Irwin since Lord Heartstone is out of his senses and I suppose, only those had known about the merchant ships of slaves," Alonzo said, his voice grave and Seraphina's eyes drifting between them. They weren't discussing anything clearly in front of her and it irritated her. Why would they hide anything from her? Was it because they weren't trusting her, all of a sudden? Seraphina's face carved with worry and sadness as it wouldn't take time for Demian to know about her. The unknown yet powerful side he had shown to her tonight, made her believed that if Demian wanted, he could get information easily about her not being the human princess. But the question raised, why he hadn't known about her?

They reached a door but it wasn't the door of the hall, instead it seemed like the door that belonged to a chamber. It was the room which was given to them for their stay at Rockdelia. Seraphina halted as Demian looked at his men and immediately they surrounded Seraphina as he said, "Seraphina, go to the chamber and take rest."