✔XLI - The Terrifying man who does Good Deeds

"Damn that midget!" Seraphina growled as she went to her chamber in a grumpy manner. How dare he treat her like that! She went to see him. Wanting to see his wounds was an excuse. She recalled his cold eyes, hard face, the way he looked at her as if every glint in his deep blue eyes matted down. It felt like he was becoming a complete different person.

Her steps halted and her eyes went wide. The more time went, the more he was becoming indifferent as if Seraphina was slowly losing him. Her hands shook at the thought and the dream she had not long, flashed before her eyes. Was it the curse? Was he becoming a monster? Her heart ached and it was becoming difficult to breath as her worry grew more. Her cheeks tingled as her hand found its way to them. There was moisture. Her tears.

Why was she crying? Was it because of how he was acting strange with her or the curse would devour him whole? She wiped it out with the back of her long sleeves, immediately and took a deep breath.

She couldn't find anything till now and she needed to talk to Master Valentine about it in detail. She whirled around and decided it would be best to have a conversation with the advisor instead of crying helplessly in a corner.

With determined face she went to have a talk with Master Valentine.

As she was nearing, she saw Master Valentine rushing towards her with a grave face. 

"Princess Seraphina..." He came and moved around his eyes if anyone was in their hearing range, "we need to discuss about something, immediately."

"Master Valentine, there was something I wanted to discuss with you too..."

Before she could finish, Valentine started, his voice becoming louder, "First of all, I thought you would do wise deduction before doing any movement yet, you've managed to barge into the conference room and without thinking, you've acted on your own!"

Seraphina stood there with a pair of blinking eyes as if she had no knowledge what the old advisor was grumbling about. Now she thought maybe she should have talked some other time when he wasn't angry, that is.

He added as his face bore a deathly expression and Seraphina gulped, "Now even Pince Billard and Princess Zenith are suspicious about you... rumors have started among our guards that you might not be a princess!"

"I—"

"No more words!" He hissed making Seraphina flinch and strangely it reminded her of her father. He would go on and on until he was finished.

Seraphina's head hung low as he began again, "I had to come with some nonsense theories and some tales so that your disguise doesn't get disclosed before His Highness!" The advisor took sharp breaths as his chest heaved with it.

Seraphina tilted her head and noticed, Master Valentine had shrunk greatly and in just a few days, he looked more older not to mention, his wrinkles were now more evident on his forehead. Seraphina almost felt bad.

It must have been very hard on him...

He took some breaths and stood up straight however, the scowl on his face was vivid. "I don't like the fact that you have neglected my orders and even the orders of the young Prince!" His voice had a warning as he glared at her and Seraphina felt if she got anymore of that terrifying glares, she might as well end up buried in the ground by the pressure. "You do have a death wish, do you?" His aura intensified as Seraphina started to sweat.

"Well, I—"

"However," Master Valentine's glare was replaced with a small smile, "It was praiseworthy how you had managed to look from the commoners' sides as well and stated your views before everyone." He released a breath and said, "Prince Billard was very impressed as well as the young Prince."