Chapter 87 - There was more to it

With her feet padded against the stone floor softly, Zenith went to the old castle. She huffed in frustration as Billard had asked her to stay out when it was getting interesting. She wanted to stay but there were still somethings Billard didn't feel to share with her, instead he shared it with his so dear brother!

She was enjoying the fact that Demian would be shocked but it seemed he wasn't. She wanted to use it to her advantage so Billard would doubt his brother but her husband trusted his brother with his closed eyes. The trust that he would never have in her.

She was very cautious and careful as the situation had become dire and sensitive as she reached through the garden. It was a perfect chance for her as everyone was busy with the wizard incident but she still could not be careless. If anyone saw her going into the old castle and making plans for the annihilation of the young prince, she would be annihilated instead.

However, her heart thumped with excitement as she had gotten an opportunity to cast aside Seraphina. The wizard may have done nothing except for saving the young prince, but no one would believe her as she was a wizard and wizards were seen as enemies to the kingdom.

She had been waiting for it and as soon as Seraphina was sent into the dungeon, she left no time to waste. The day wasn't far and she needed to do everything in time.

She tilted around her eyes as she reached the door. The garden had become like a wild forest as no one bothered to shape it like the ones they had in the new castle. And it was perfect for a cover.

She slowly opened the door and entered. Two Dragon soldiers were standing near it and as soon as she entered, they bowed.

"Have they arrived?" She asked.

The men nodded as she started to walk toward its chambers. The old king's study chamber. It was the best place as the chamber was protected with very thick stone walls so that no one could hear the discussion the king used to hold.

She took turns and reached the old crammed door. It maybe looked all dirty and one might think they would break it with one kick, they would be mistaken. The outer layer of the door was made with ordinary wood but the inner was hard as a rock.

As she entered, the dragon soldiers stayed behind.

Zenith's eyes wandered into the room as she saw Casian waiting for her in the hard wooden chair. His eyes were distant as if he had gone into a deep thought.

"Casian!" Zenith called out as she went near. Hearing his name, Casian looked at her and said, "It took you long."

He got up and added, "I was beginning to think that you won't come."

"No. I would have come even if it was late." From Zenith's voice Casian could smell that something must have happened. Her face brightened and a smile was threatening to come outside. Something good has surely happened, and he knew his sister would be excited if there was bad news on Demian or Master Valentine.

"Did something happen?"

Zenith's smile grew and parted her face as she said excitedly, "We have cast aside that wizard."

Casian gave her a look as he could not understand his sister's amusement in casting aside a wizard. What wizard?

He gave a simple nod and said, "So?

"So now that Seraphina is in the dungeon, we have no one to worry other than the Dragon Guards, that is."

Casian blinked and let the words finally sink in himself. "She was a wizard?"