✔XLII - You can never run away from My Grasp

Everything in the vicinity was still in a deep slumber even the sun hadn't woken up as a shadow swiftly shot from corner to corner with steps as light as air and caution. 

Right, left. No one was there as the silhouette moved towardd its destination however, a tug from behind stopped it.

"Where are you going, Seraphina?" A calm voice asked but the threat was still visible in it. Seraphina tilted back and found her maid, Celia stood there tapping her foot. 

"Err... Celia?" Seraphina let out a nervous chuckle, "I... Ah! I was going to the kitchen."

Celia's eyes narrowed at her and in darkness Seraphina could see the doubts swirling in them. She gulped. 

"You are going to the kitchen dressed in..." Celia looked at her from tip to toe and gasped, "in men's clothing!"

"These are not men's clothings! It's a warrior's attire, I got it from Hidden Valley," Seraphina said and held her chin up as the dragon girls had gave her those.

Celia's foot tapped rapidly now as she crossed her hands above her chest, "And why are you going to the kitchen in warrior clothing?"

"That..." Seraphina tried to find an excuse, "because, if anyone comes, I can run to my room easily."

Celia hummed and said, "Then go back to your room, I'll bring something for you."

"Yes, that would be—"

"And don't try to sneak out of the castle," Celia added as Seraphina went still. Damn it! She got caught! After she learned from Master Valentine that the ship would be leaving at 6 from Dragon city harbor, she hadn't rested. She took needful things and the new sword and the knife the dragon girl had given. She was prepared! But seeing a demonic face of Celia before her made her rethink of her plan.

"I... I wasn't—"

"You even have the sword hanging from your waist," Celia noted. 

Seraphina stayed silent as Celia began, "You know very well what Prince Demian's orders were. Why are you going?"

"It could be dangerous... And besides, Casian is going as well. I don't feel good about him going alone with that reptile." Seraphina growled.

"Then there's more to worry about because if you go like this, he will know that you are not the princess."

"But Demian had seen me in this clothes because these are from the dragon girls and there they wore this kind of clothes. There wouldn't be anything to doubt about..."

"There will be Mr Alonzo and Prince's personal guards. You won't be needed and I'm sure they are going just for the people to numb the riled up commoners. There won't be any fights."

Seraphina didn't know if there would be any fight or not but the dream she had where Demian was going away making her restless. She didn't know why she was always having bad thoughts. It was making her scared.

As Seraphina stood with clenched fists and looking determined to go, Celia huffed. She knew if Seraphina had decided something, then it was almost impossible to move her from it. She would go by hook or crook. 

"Fine, take some of these herbs I've prepared for you." She gave her the ointment and added, "Be careful there. Don't let Casian know about you."

Seraphina cast a broad grin and left. Celia looked at the sky as the stars still twinkled in the velvet sky however, where it met with nature, dusk had appeared.

*****

"Your Highness, are you feeling sea sickness?" Alonzo asked, his face crowned with worry and it seemed he would panic in a moment before starting to cry.