LXXIX - Killing is the new Norm

Reginald stood at a corner, using the shadow as his cloak. He had put off his armours and had worn his normal black clothes of Dragon Guards. It was best to hide himself. His eyes stayed on the door of Princess Zenith as he had orders from Master Valentine.

Master Valentine. The man whom he had been serving from his childhood. He knew the advisor had brought him here just to use him but he didn't care as he had been admiring him the time when he had killed his parents in front of him.

He still remembered when a man in dark clothing came to his village. He had brown cloak and wore leather boots with a simple white shirt and trousers. He had no worry of anything and would mix in any situation. When he came he brought a lot of money with him and goods to sell from a different city. The moment he had entered their village, he knew the man was going to die and he would be seeing yet another dead body. He would smell his blood and he would hear his cries. He didn't care. He was just 7 years old.

Gorouland, the village which was his home. A small village with 167 people in it. They were happy as they harvested, they sold goods and they bought goods. Everything was normal. A happy village.

But what others didn't know that in the morning, they appeared as mere villagers, doing harvesting, selling and buying but at night, they were murderers. 167 people including a seven years old Reginald would go out to hunt. Hunt for their blood hunger and money. Whether it was an outsider or the villages that surrounded them, the villagers of Gorouland would kill anyone for money.

Gorouland's people had the ancient dragon, Jerofa's blood running in them thus they were called Jerofs. The blood dragon who had excellent hearing, excellent smelling and excellent eyesights. But what they had the most was hunger for blood. They loved blood. To see people crying for help, to ask for mercy and in the end choking in their own blood. It was the best scene they would like to see everyday. Nearest villages and cities were scared of the unknown murders and loots and Gorouland's people pretended to be scared as well. Everything was normal just like yesterday and the day before yesterday and the day before that. Until Master Valentine came.

Little Reginald was playing with his sister when he saw the man appearing before his mother. He was asking for routes to the next village as he had planned to sell his goods there. As usual, their small flower shop was open and his mother told him the route; however, she told him to stay the night as it would take him two days to reach.

The man agreed and said he would take a room in the village inn. His mother gave him a very delicate smile but the man didn't see the evil glint in her eyes-or that's what he had thought...

Reginald's small village had rogue Dragons who killed and looted people. His father and mother were a part of that group where everyday he had seen at least one dead body before his eyes. Smelling the blood, seeing gruesome scenes and hearing the cries of people was the normal thing for him.

When he reached 6, his mother had brought him a knife to play with it. His father told him to play with people. His brothers had been doing the same so of course, it was the normal thing to do.

That night when the villagers were preparing for a very gruesome murder, Reginald thought it would be the same as before. They would appear unknowingly, they would bring out their weapons, the person would get scared and try to run and the other villagers would be waiting for him outside. Then he would get captured and everyone would have a chance to torture them to death. He would cry and ask for death but they would just enjoy it with ale.

When Reginald and his family were waiting for him outside of the inn, the innkeeper and his workers had already gone inside. They heard some noise and later when the door opened they were stunned but Reginald wasn't. He was awestruck. The man had killed the innkeeper and his five workers and came out with the heads of them as he threw it at the villagers.