✔XLV - It's like They are Magnets

Demian's feet picked speed as he went to his room but his mind was in disarray with what Casian said. He could no longer keep his anger at bay. How dare Casian see Seraphina in an amusing way! And not in that kind of amusing way as his voice made it clear what kind of way. Demian flared his nose. Had that bastard forgotten whose wife she was? It seemed like Casian had forgotten who Demian was. In these few months he had gotten soft and that must be the reason why they dared to cross paths with him.

People have always been like this. They start to hop on your head if they weren't shown exactly where their place was.

He opened the door and saw one man was wrapping a small cloth on Seraphina's wound. As he stepped forward, the man looked at him and immediately bowed and Seraphina displayed a big smile. He knew why he had gone so soft nowadays. But not today!

"Treat her wound!" He ordered as the man resumed his work with twice speed than before. Even the poor man could feel the evil aura surrounding the Prince behind him.

"Y-your Highness, is it hurting?" He managed to ask.

"No! It's just a scratch."

Demian took the chair and sat while watching her. He tried to find any signs of pain that she might be hiding but all he got was a warm feeling from her. His heart found peace watching her shining like a sun.

As his gaze moved on her abdomen, Demian found a little scratch mark just beside the left side of her belly. It wasn't visible and almost disappeared.

The man went away immediately after his work but Demian still sat there watching her.

"What?" Seraphina asked.

He didn't say anything. He was trying to decipher what the fuzzy feeling he had been feeling all this time but couldn't figure it out. His mind was a mess and he got irritated as the reason was the woman before him.

He let the thoughts go and glared at her as her smile evaporated. "Next time, don't get into unnecessary fights."

Seraphina grinned, "But I won..."

"Because Casian went easy on you. He hadn't used his full power."

Seraphina seemed to notice it as well and mumbled, "Okay."

"What was the other mark on your belly?" He asked his interest to reach a peak.

"Uh... Well," Seraphina diverted her gaze and he noticed her cheeks getting red, "this was when I fell from a cart."

Demian gave her a look and she mumbled, "I fell on my own sword."

The corners of his lips twitched as he said, "That's so like you."

"What do you mean by that?" Seraphina looked at him furiously, "I was distracted because the bandi-"

Seraphina halted but it didn't leave Demian; she didn't finish the sentence. "You were distracted with...?"

Seraphina looked at him with wide eyes and drifted her gaze immediately as Demian stared at her. A thick silence dominated them as a knock came on the door.

"Come in." Demian said and let the conversation slide and saw Alonzo peeked from the door with a bunch of papers and scrolls in his hands.

"Your Highness, the documents you have asked for."

"Leave them here."

*****

Zenith heard some commotion outside but she knew it would probably be the guards who were training. She looked outside of her window and found the sun was setting and her smile grew. Wasn't it a magnificent view!