✔Chapter XXII - Ragnarok shall be beginning

Chapter 22

After Seraphina was dressed, she was led by them to a great building behind in the monastery. The stone made path led to a giant doors, the patterns carved on the doors seemed like some runes written in ancient language. The pillars that stood flanking the large doors were also covered with intricate patterns and dragon symbols. The atmosphere around this temple-like building was more serene and Seraphina felt herself at ease just by standing out here.

Once she reached closer to the doors she saw Demian standing near the door with the four guards behind him. They were all dressed in black and had no expression on their faces, they stood like statues. However, her husband's demeanor and expression even exceeded theirs.

As Seraphina approached with her new companions, Demian looked at her and for mere a second, his brow jolted up by a few millimeters and Seraphina found the heat rushing to her neck at his reaction because the girls preferred her appearance should be more like a warrior especially with her wild red curls braided from above her head so they made her wear their warrior clothing. Deep maroon clothes followed by leather boots and belts. Seraphina was accustomed to wearing these clothes in her guild so she didn't notice the shock Demian portrayed.

"Wha-What are you wearing?" Demian whispered.

"Clothes? Why?" She asked and a grin parted her lips as she remembered it was the first time Demian was seeing her in this type of clothing. Seraphina was more comfortable in warrior clothes than she was in gowns. Sakina said there wouldn't be any problem if she wore these clothes in Hidden Valley.

Demian looked up and down and spun on his heels toward the hall without saying anything. She couldn't find why she felt irritated. Was it because he didn't say anything as he was shocked or was it because he was offended by her wearing clothes other than the royal clothing? Seraphina was never fond of compliments but she expected a bit of something... like a compliment?

As they approached the giant door four men appeared from behind it who had the same clothes as her but they all had scales over their skin and one of them had reptile-like eyes and one dragon had a horn sprouting out of the left side of his skull. Were they all high ranking men? She wanted to ask but thought it would be rude to ask them in the middle of a crowd.

The Hall had a very high ceiling and the windows that let in the beams of sun rays and the fresh air. Seraphina looked up and saw the ceiling was painted with beautiful dragons, they all looked as if they were really up there watching everyone below them. Some had fire coming out of their mouths and some had their bat-like wings spreading wide showing off their glory of dominance and in the middle, there was a white dragon as if it was the superior of them all. It didn't spread its wings nor fire was coming out of its mouth. It was just there looking at them with its serene and tender eyes.

She was so engrossed in them that she almost tripped and ran into Demian's back, he turned over his shoulder and glared at her. Lately, he had been on the edge.

As they entered, she found an old man across them at a far end of the other side, sitting in grey clothes. The same man she had seen when they first came here. His frost white beard laid on his laps and his eyes were closed just like before.

"Hey, he was the one who greeted us at the entrance." Seraphina said and Demian gave her a look.

"He wasn't there. There were other people who welcomed us but clearly you were unconscious."

"No. Before I lost my consciousness, he was there..."

Demian looked at her for a moment, "Haven't the effects worn off yet?"

Seraphina scowled and said, "I'm perfectly fine."

"You aren't, because the old sage can't walk. He stays in here and rests in that chamber," Demian said pointing at the door which was at the far right, "Apart from that he does not travel at all."