✔XLIV - Fights can't be won until The Opponent is Down

Seraphina came before as Demian grumbled behind her. The damned girl doesn't listen, does she? Demian thought, but his eyes moved to the silvery-gazed man who had a smirk as if he had won. He wanted to bash his face with the nearest crate however, now that Seraphina had announced, the fight had to begin.

Demian had heard of how powerful swordsman Casian Vermemce was and he might not harm or put a scratch on Seraphina, but he would surely make her look miserable. If anything came that far Demian shall step in. He would never let anyone brought shame upon Seraphina.

His worried eyes moved, once again to Seraphina but the worry replaced with a frown. Seraphina stood with her chin held up as a grin played on her lips. She wasn't scared nor had any worry if Casian put a dent on her after this match. As she brought out her weapon from its sheath, the excitement surfaced on her face. Demian shook his head.

She just wanted to try her new sword, didn't she?

He smiled inwardly as his worry vanished in the air.

"Seraphina," Demian called out as she tilted her head above her shoulder, "Don't let me down, otherwise, you're going to serve me tonight," he put a smirk on his face, "all night long."

At that, Casian's jaw found a place on the deck and Seraphina looked at him with wide eyes as her cheeks flustered. Demian found the opportunity to cast outside of their duel range as he took a seat on a crate so he can see them clearly and beside him, he found Alonzo with his moustache fluttering in the air and cheeks turning red.

"Err... Your Highness, do you need some snacks?" Despite Alonzo, the poor steward tried his best to approach steady, his voice crumbling to see how the young couple was growing faster in his head.

"No, Alonzo, stay focused on the match."

Seraphina's heart thumped in her ears as she looked at her opponent, tried to focus on him but the statement from Demian made her all riled up in different ways.

How dare he say that in front of everyone! She thought and shook her head.

Casian now seemed to be over with it as well as he remarked, "My, my, it seems, our little Prince is taking good care of the human princess."

Seraphina cast him one of her best scowl as she took one leg back and put her weight on the other. She put her loose hand behind her back the way she learned from the best swordsman-or woman.

Casian's eyes followed her posture and from the raised brow he placed on his forehead, she could get he was a bit impressed and certainly he hadn't expected that.

Casian brought out his sword and followed the same posture as Seraphina's eyes narrowed at him. The way he stood firm in his place with his strong legs, she could tell he was a fine swordsman.

"Now, shall we?" He grinned and immediately vanished before her sight. For a moment, Seraphina's eyes couldn't follow him as his speed increased drastically and she moved her eyes around, he wasn't there. But she felt the enormous aura from up above her.

He now, held the sword's hilt with both of his hands and went for a kill with one shot. Seraphina grinned as she swung her newly made sword up and held the tip with her other hand for a defence. The swords clanged when came with the contact and Seraphina jerked back at his force however, her legs were strong enough to hold it. She had dealt with that move over hundred times and she would degrade Merlene's name if she was defeated by it.

As soon as Casian landed on his feet, he went for a strike from another direction and Seraphina stepped back avoiding the tip but stumbled upon her legs. What the hell! Had she forgotten everything Merlene had taught?