✔LXIV - I am The Young Prince of the Dragons, the Cruelest of them all

Sweat appeared on Seraphina's forehead as she slowly tilted her head and saw Demian stood at a distance and behind him stood his men in strong armours. They seemed to be prepared and sent a strong vibe from them.

However, more than them, Demian's face portrayed as of an angry lion, sending daggers at her as the knights behind him stood with wide gaps in their mouths.

"Err... Demian! I thought you also went in disguise. Ahaha." A nervous chuckle left from Seraphina's mouth and it didn't help the little prince to calm down at all.

"You! I told you not to meddle with my business!" Demian's brow twitched vigorously as Seraphina paled. "I should have tied you down!"

From around a corner Casian and his attendant, Allison came in and Demian's eyes fell on them including the wizards'. "Ahh, well, now that the Dragon's Guards are here, I see no point in saving Your Highness. I shall return then..."

Demian quirked an eyebrow. When did he start to think of his protection? And another question popped in his mind, how did Seraphina come here that fast? He narrowed his gaze at Casian and sensed Seraphina stiffened in her place. A thought clicked in her mind. So that how it went!

His head slowly, very slowly moved toward where his dear wife stood. Seraphina must have sensed it as she gulped.

His eyes darkened as he said in a low, threatening voice, "Seraphina..." She flinched at his low growl as he asked, "Did you, perhaps, come here with Prince Casian?"

Seraphina stood there unmoving as if an unwavering force had caught her in a tight grip and it seemed the knights of Rockdelia felt it as well, as they gulped looking at him warily and forgetting all about the enemies. At that moment, The Young Prince seemed more terrifying than the wizards.

Casian smiled, "Oh, don't be so hard on Princess Seraphina now, dear cousin." His voice coated with mockery, "What could I do when a helpless poor, little lady asked for my help? I can't be that cruel."

The muscles clenched in Seraphina's jaw as she glared at Casian but could not continue as Demian sent her more terrifying glares that she wondered how come she was still alive. "I- I didn't asked for his help!" Seraphina tried to gather confidence in her voice but failed miserably as the young prince's gaze become harsher.

"It seems we need a good talk when we return, Seraphina..." The way he phrased her name made her knees wobble and she never felt frightened more than this. Certainly, Merlene was the only one who could make her scared but Demian! He was on entirely different level. He was scary! She wanted to somehow escape that 'talk'. She took a mental note to avoid that at any cost.

"Well, you will certainly have a very intimate talk but in heaven," the beard man said as he swung his sword and met with the sword of a soldier who stood before Seraphina. Seraphina diverted her attention at him as black mist that came from his skin, engulfed the men and she launched herself at it knowing very well that a normal sword had no power against it. She was glad the dwarfs had made her a sword with the fire stone. As fire stones had the power to cut through any mists especially if it was forged with dark powers.

"Seraphina!" Demian shouted and ordered the men who stood surrounding him, "Charge! And protect Princess Seraphina!"

Seraphina cut the mist and shouted, "No! Wait!" Her sword kept slashing through the mist as it was trying to expand. "Don't leave Demian!"

But the men had already reached her and she had no time to explain them the situation. From beneath their feet, strong roots sprouted out and wrapped around their legs in their tendrils. The vines grew more and more as thorns appeared on them. The thorns went into their skin but the soldiers didn't even squeak. Seraphina cut the mist as it had a poisonous touch and had already wounded the Dragon guards.