✔Chapter XXIX - Cold as A Monster

It was a magnificent day for Zenith as she sat before the mirror dressed up in one of her most prettiest gowns, the satin flowed down her waist like a waterfall and the soft fabric of the abdomen was adorned with the sapphires which enchanced the bright blue color of her gown. Her golden hair were braided and tied up in a bun adorned with the golden hairpins. One of her maids brought up a necklace made of gold and sapphires, she smiled as the necklace was placed on her and she faced herself in the mirror. Now, she was prepared to see her beloved husband and also receive the news which she had been waiting for since a long time.

Zenith hurried out of her chambers for the breakfast with her husband with the trail of her maids following her. To anyone's eye she would resemble a nymph from some beautiful dream as she passed through the corridors and entered the dining hall.

The one she was expecting wasn't in the Hall just the servants preparing the large table. She walked over to the large window and looked out at the vast landscape, the walls of their majestic castle and the hills and the far horizon. Zenith felt as if she had the world in her hands now, the pieces of whatever she had in mind were now falling in place and now she could really achieve what she had been trying to for so long. The fears that had housed in her heart would no longer exist and she would also protect the one whom she loved.

After waiting for a few more minutes she grew slightly impatient, she had prepared herself so immaculately just for her husband to see and be mesmerised by her but where was he?

She looked at one of the guards stationed at the Hall and asked him, "Where is His Highness?"

"His Higness will be here soon, princess." He said and she frowned.

"Is he alright?" She asked out of concern, hoping that it wouldn't be something worrisome.

"Yes, Your Highness, but His Highness seemed tired which is why he woke up a little later than usual."

Zenith's teeth clenched, she knew why Billard was so tired, there was only one reason, Demian. She felt the anger boiling within her veins as she thought of how troubled her husband was. She wanted to take away all of his worries and replace them with the peace and love.

The hard footsteps echoed off the stone walls and the large dining hall doors opened revealing Crown Prince Billard. Princess Zenith's face visibly brightened at his sight and he smiled at her as he walked over. He gently took her hand in his and bend to rest a kiss on her knuckles. Her cheeks colored as he straightened back up and held her eyes with his.

"I apologise for being late, my dear." He said, his eyes showed the worry and dark bags.

"It is all right, Your Highness. You seem tired, have you not rested enough?" She asked and Billard sighed as he led her towards the dining table.

The servants started serving the meals once they were seated and Zenith waited for Billard to answer her question.

"Your Highness?" Zenith asked again, pressing for an answer.

"There was another attack on Demian and Seraphina." Billard said.

"But, isn't Hidden Valley's location completely confidential?"

"It is. They were attacked once they left the Hidden Valley, we don't know what has happened of them after that. We didn't receive any message from their side, I am worried about where they might be, if they are safe or not."

The creases on his forehead made Zenith frown, she slowly reached out and held Billard's hand in hers.

"They must be safe, Your Highness. Master Valentine sent the most skilled knights with them, I believe they will be returning back any time." Zenith said and Billard looked at her with a smile which clearly displayed a great relief.