✔Chapter XXIII - Secrets hidden in the dragon lies

Chapter 23

The sun was above their head when they left the Hidden Valley of Dragons. It had been an hour or two since they were travelling through the forest. Both of them sat inside the carriage and Seraphina was glad she had come here. She met Sakina and the others and they had conversed over every topic that touched their minds.

What Seraphina especially loved was the souvenir that Xia had given her. Xia gave her a small dagger as a friendly gift, it was a beautiful dagger with a silver blade and hilt adorned with rubies and handle wound by a leather. Since she had nothing else other than her weapons. Seraphina couldn't deny she felt nostalgic at the touch of a weapon after a long time. She had been always around weapons and magical in her guild but here everything was restricted as she had to pretend to be a human. Before leaving, Sakina gifted her the warrior clothes she had borrowed from her. She felt comfortable so she decided to wear it until they reached Dragon's landing.

She was still in her blissful thoughts of having met the three dragon girls when her eyes fell outside of the carriage's small window.

Through the shades of giant trees she saw something dark shooting past, it almost looked like a shadow. An unsettling lump formed in her belly as she could not understand if she saw anything as she had been seeing many strange things lately. She was still confused about whether she had seen the old sage at the entrance or someone else and now she was seeing shadows.

She turned to look at Demian who sat with his elbow resting on the window sill and chin on the base of his palm. He seemed too serene but somehow his aura was disturbed as if there was some sort of turmoil going on within him. There was no knowing what was going in his head, he had been like this since the time they had talked to the Great Sage. He had talked something about Ragnarok but she didn't know what the word meant.

"What's wrong?" She asked, "You've been quiet after what the great sage said."

"Nothing..." He answered but Seraphina wasn't going to back off until she made him speak. She was his wife! She had the right to know what was making him so restless.

"If you worry all the time, you might get wrinkles before me." Seraphina said and waited for him to open up but he was as stubborn as her.

"Spit it out already!" Seraphina demanded with a determined face and Demian looked at her.

"It's nothing." Demian's voice became hard and she could feel the anger in it.

"You have been worrying about something... What is it?" She pressed further.

Demian didn't answer, instead he looked more furious than before but it only made her angry.

"If you don't tell me, I will..." Seraphina threatened even though she had no idea what she would threaten him with.

"You will what?" Demian challenged, mischief danced in his eyes.

Seraphina had no choice but to put more pressure so he would say everything going in his mind but she found she had nothing whatsoever to influence him.

"I will... I will smack you on your head."

A gap formed on his mouth and he said irritated, "You do know that smacking me would get you a death sentence, don't you?"

"Do I look like I care?"

Demian looked at her for a moment and finally released a frustrated sigh.

"The last word the old sage said, Ragnarok. That is worrying me out, that's all."

"Why?"

"I don't know, Seraphina. Up until now everything he predicted had always been accurate. What if my curse becomes the fall of the Salamander family..." he said looking out of the small window, "I could never forgive myself."