✔LXV - A true Prince

Seraphina could not understand what Demian said as she stayed behind with a pair of shocked eyes.

Demian moved his hand, sending them signals and ordered, "Move, men! To the point!"

The soldiers who had arrived there hurried and went near the tree replacing the previous Dragon's guards. The previous wounded warriors moved back and surrounded Seraphina and Demian.

Demian shouted, "Cut that thing down until there's nothing left!"

Seraphina looked at him with quizzical brows. Cut that thing? Had he gone insane? There was no way they could kill it as it had regeneration.

All of them took their position that said they were getting prepared for the battle. They didn't question their master, not even took a glance to see if he had gone mad, they just obeyed him, taking their lives in line. They stood as if they had planned this before. Seraphina looked at her dear husband and asked, "What are you going to do?"

A smirk played on his lips as he said, "Watch."

The men didn't go for the spell caster instead they went for the giant vine. All of them rounded up as the deadly vines tried to slap them away. However, they were unmoved by it; instead they cut down all the vines and stood in a form. While the first circle of men jotted down the vines, the second circle of men acted immediately and swung their sword at its roots. While it started to regenerate, the first circle of men slashed it with their sword and the second circle of men started to cut its vines and they repeated the same formation over and over.

Were they insane? Seraphina thought that no matter how much they cut down its roots, it kept growing another bunch of roots.

Seraphina growled, "This will never wor-"

She halted and narrowed her eyes at the giant vine. The tendrils weren't moving as fast as before, though it still had a speed that no ordinary man could match. However, it was the Dragon's Guards, after all. And Seraphina had seen them taking any trouble head on. She wondered what kind of training they had.

It seemed to be working as the vine stopped growing instead its tendrils started to slap them away, as if it was now protecting itself.

Seraphina's eyebrows knotted as she said, "But it won't work as after some time they'll get tired!"

"It's the same for the wizard." Demian said without averting his eyes from his men.

Seraphina snapped her head as he pointed his finger at the wizard. She followed his finger and saw indeed, too much using magic made his body shrink and his skin became dry. He seemed to be exhausted beyond limit and she asked, "Ho-how did you know it would work?"

"I didn't."

Seraphina nodded and snapped her head, "What!" Her jaw hung as she thought, was he serious!

"Well, ancient spells work great if the caster is King tier. Even after the caster dies, the spell remains activated. As far as I know, the man here isn't a King tier. Just a high tier so, if the caster dies, his spell will be lifted." He informed.

"So, why not go for him?"

"The tree is trying to get free as it knows its caster is weak. So, it is protecting its caster while growing its roots under the soil. But the caster doesn't have enough power to give him that freedom." Demian looked at her, "It would be a waste of time and man power to go for him. If we start chopping the tree it will try to regenerate and protect itself."

Seraphina added, "And if it regenerates too many times, it will wear the caster out."

Seraphina nodded and felt proud at his idea. It seemed her dear husband was capable of handling the situation.