✔LVI - A man more vile than You

Demian reached outer courtyard of the palace as if it belonged to him-it did, of course, after sending Lord Heartstone to the dungeon. Everything he had, now, was his.

The masses of people were waiting for him, huddled against each other and anxiously muttering. As he towered over them on the slop, they halted. A thick duvet of silence wrapped them under it as the young Prince let his eyes wander over them.

Their faces had little hopes as he made them to spread the rumor that their future king would save them. How wrong they were. But it helped him to gather them here as he had sent his men to fuel their anger.

Seraphina's brows raised questioningly but he had no time to answer it now. He could feel the anger accumulating inside of her as he hadn't said anything about it to Seraphina. But he didn't want her to entangle in dirty politics of nobles and royals.

The people of Rockdelia, from children to elders, everyone's eyes fixated on him. Their stares confirmed how little hope they had, some had wrath, some were looking at him with suspicious gazes and some were anxiety. But one thing they were determined was to finish the nobles. Yes, that was what exactly he wanted.

He moved his eyes toward his armoured men-at-arms who had surrounded the whole palace and as well as the crowd for safety precautions as if they were hungry wolves ready to pounce on them if needed. And it seemed they were well aware of them.

"My name is," Demian's voice bloomed through the whole yard as if ice cold needles had been sent at them, "Demian Salamander. I am the Young Prince of the Dragon Nation and your future King, The Crown Prince, Billard Salamander has sent me to look into the matter of Rockdelia."

"Then where was the future King all this time and why has he come now after everything ruined?" One of them shouted over the crowd making Demian's grin devilish. Looked like some people had some praiseworthy nerves and he appropriated it.

"When I say the task has been given to me, I meant to remove the Lords from their posts," Demian informed.

The people grumbled as he finished and as if they were offended at him, they muttered again and now, sending him distasteful glances. Seraphina beside him became restless and he could feel her clenched fists.

He began, "I had already heard about the oppression you have been enduring all this while and how effortlessly the nobles had taken everything away from you," Demian mocked the gathering crowd riling them up more and he added, "but despite of your poor efforts of rebellion against the royals, your future King has sent me to help a bunch of sheep." He hissed, "Poor, pathetic sheep."

Demian could taste their anger in the air, their gazes confirmed how betrayed they felt. How pathetic they could become after years of extortion. Demian scoffed in his mind and his face portrayed his thought which effected the people of Rockdelia more.

"Your people have taken our lands, our children and women. You made children orphans and starved us to death even after serving you. And now, you are mocking us?"

Whoever it was, Demian found himself impressed by him. Despite of loosing everything at least they had their respects in tact. At least they had a little fire in them.

Seraphina looked at Demian who had a serious face and her heart thumped at what was her dear husband was doing. Had he also went insane after seeing that much crowd of people? It was true that the people had been suffering and some of them even lost everything and as of now, they had nothing to lose, they were dangerous. As if Demian was playing with fire.

"I know but I don't care." Demian said with a cold voice as Seraphina snapped her head toward him. What the hell was he saying? Didn't he know his indifferent behavior would enrage them? He may have the power but he wouldn't go that far to kill everyone in this city, would he?