✔XL - The Gaze of A Hawkeye

After the meeting in the hall was concluded everyone was free to leave except for Lord Heartstone whom Prince Demian said he wanted to have a word with. Seraphina left in good spirits after knowing that her demands would be satisfied and the poor will get the justice. Lord Accoridin left early because of some event happening in his town, leaving Casian who said he would go to see his sister as he hasn't met her in a while.

Demian, Billard, Master Valentine gathered in Billard's the study chamber with Lord Heartstone again being in front of them.

"I think, until this matter is settled, I would like to visit your territory."

At Demian's announcement, both Billard and Heartstone looked at him with wide eyes. Demian's eyes didn't miss the way how Lord Heartstone stiffened and sweat formed on his forehead.

"My territory? But... I can handle it well, Your Highness," Lord Heartstone said with a shaky voice and tried to hide it with a nervous smile.

"I know that well, Lord Heartstone. But I believe, it would be wise for me to go now as people will get the message that their King is trying to help them."

Heartstone nodded stiffly and said, "Well, you are right but why now, your Highness? You can visit after I settle—"

"Why? Is there anything that you might not want me to know?" Demian's eyes narrowed as Heartstone gulped and Billard noticed the rigidness on the nobleman's posture.

"Wh—" he chuckled nervously and added, "Why would there be anything that I wouldn't want you to know, Your Highness?"

Demian hummed and nodded. "Like some illegal business?"

If Heartstone was shocked before now it was replaced with a horrified face and he went more stiff. It wasn't easy to pass a Hawkeye.

"Illegal business?" Billard snapped his head to Heartstone and asked, "I have no recollection of it."

"Well, if your Highness permits me to speak..." Master Valentine said from behind both of the brothers.

Billard tilted his head and said, "You may, Master Valentine."

The advisor came before and stood beside Demian as he spoke, "Well, I got information just a few days ago that at their port, there had been some activities going on. As I had sent my men to investigate, we found there is some unreported trading that has taken place in Lord Heartstone's territory."

Billard moved his eyes to the Lord who became quiet, "How come you haven't reported it, Lord Heartstone?"

"I—I don't have any knowledge on that, Your Highness..." he said as his voice was breaking with the intense gazes of the Salamander brothers.

"But that port is under your supervision, how come its Lord has no knowledge?" Billard asked the question that Demian had in his mind.

"And I thought you could handle your affairs quite well," Demian mocked and added, "So it is settled, I will be going to see it myself besides, I heard you had hired the country's best architects to decorate it. I, myself, want to see the architecture."

Mischief danced in Demian's smile as Lord Heartstone had no choice but to agree.

"I believe we can discuss that later, Prince Demian..." Billard's voice was stiff and it was certain he didn't want Demian to go anywhere outside of the castle. But seeing Demian so serious, he decided they needed to talk.

"Well, you may go now," Billard said to Lord Heartstone and the fat noble stood up and bowed before them before rushing out of the hall.

As soon as the door was closed Billard turned toward Demian, his eyes blazing fire, "Demian, I would not allow you to go anywhere outside of this castle. Not when your transformation will take place in just three weeks." Billard grew worried as he said, "and there's also the enemy attacking every time you go out. Even in the castle! I am forbidding you—"