Chapter 97 - You don't need a Bird when You have a Dragon

Prince Billard tapped his leg vigorously on the floor as he sat on his chair in his chamber. His golden eyes had darkened as it had been way too long since Seraphina and the men he had assigned, went to save his little brother. He hadn't heard anything or any information till now and it was making him worry.

"Your Highness..." Master Valentine was in his chamber as well and from his demeanor, it seemed he had been patiently waiting for any news. There was no trace of worry or anything as he said, "Don't worry too much. The Dragon Guards I have sent, they aren't new to this. They had fought alongside Princess Seraphina before, against the wizards. I'm sure they will inform you as soon as they get any information on the Young Prince."

Prince Billard knew the old advisor was a very sharp man and he never did anything without making any future measurement. If he had sent only the four guards along with the three dragon princesses, he must have thought something. After being with the man since his childhood, he knew one thing that Master Valentine always thought of many outcomes before considering a positive step. And he had admired him for that.

Because Master Valentine asked him to call for help, he had to send a letter to the lords of the sages for the three princesses. He didn't understand the meaning behind it. He was curious but right there it didn't concern him. All he wanted was Demian to come back home safely.

His heart took speed after each second passed and it was overbearing to wait any longer. If he had any knowledge, he would have run toward to save Demian but for that he needed to wait.

Billard knew only a few people can't handle a large guild of wizards so he made sure that one of them sent him the location of the wizards' hideout. He had prepared a large army and was only waiting for a small information to come right to him.

"I'm more worried about Demian's transformation," Prince Billard said as he took a deep breath. He was worried and sad about everything that was happening to him. First, the abduction, second, the transformation, and the third, Zenith.

He felt his life was falling apart and as if someone had placed a curse on him, it was going downhill. He felt helpless and didn't understand what to do and the only one he had to rely on was Master Valentine.

He looked at Master Valentine with a pair of sad eyes and asked, "What went wrong?"

"Pardon, Your Highness?" Asked Master Valentine as he was disrupted from his thoughts.

"What went wrong in my work that everything is going out of my hands now?" He said with gritted teeth. He was angry but he didn't know what to do to release that anger. He was frustrated but didn't know what he should do about it. He had always been cautious about everything he had done, whether it was for a good cause or a bad cause. He took early measurement before taking a step and it was all he learnt from Master Valentine yet the situation getting out of his hands which made him more hopeless.

Master Valentine looked at him for a moment as if he was reminiscing his words before telling it to him. Then he said, "First, Your Highness needs to calm down and I don't think I have ever taught my Princes to become a worry-tart in dangerous situations like this."

Billard raised a brow as he was spellbound by his word. He had never seen or heard the old advisor using any words that would offend them. Even when Demian was rude and acted on impulse, he maintained his coolness.

"Err... I meant," it seemed Master Valentine realized what he said and he immediately tried to correct it, "it is not a good trait to be panicky when you are going to be a future king. A king should be strong even when he is placed in difficult times and needs to take difficult decisions with dangerous things in mind. Because of your people, because of..."