"Im sorry I couldn't save you."

I just thought of this while I was braiding my hair, I don't know why but I come up with ideas when I'm doing random things.

Anyway I hope you enjoy...

TW⚠️: talk about death and a detailed description of a car crash and fire/ burnt alive.

Louis' P.O.V

"Lou!?" I heard Harry call from upstairs where he was supposed to be getting changed.

"Yeah?" I called back, from where I was sat on the couch, my legs crossed underneath me. I heard footsteps come closer before I saw my husband walk into the living room, smiling wider when he saw me.

"Is that mine?" Harry pointed to the hoodie I was wearing.

"No..." I mumbled as I looked down at my hands.

"Are you sure?" He smirked as he walked over to me and I tried to hide the light blush on my cheeks. "Because I thought I bought one just like this a few days ago."

"You're obviously confused, Harold. This is mine." I said as I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up at him.

"Is that why it looks two sizes too big so it swallows you and gives you adorable sweater paws?"

"M'not adorable." I mumbled as he leant back against the couch.

"Yes you are." Harry smirked before leaning forward and kissing all over my face making me immediately start laughing as I tried to push him away.

"Okay, okay it's yours stop." I breathed out as he pulled away but not before placing one last final kiss on my lips.

"You look good in my clothes." He said with a fond smile.

"I like wearing them." I shrugged as I tried to stop the smile forming on my lips. "They smell like you."

Harry just smiled wider and grabbed my hand, pulling me off the couch. "You ready to go?" He asked as he walked into the hallway and I followed behind.

"Yup."

"Good, but one thing before we leave." He said as he grabbed something off the shelf in the hallway and gave it to me, a confused expression washed over my face.

"What is it?" I asked as I looked at the small box in my hand, wrapped in blue ribbon.

"Just open it."

I pulled at the ribbon before opening up the box carefully, a wide smile reached my face when he saw what was inside.

"I noticed that you have taken a liking to the necklaces I wear so I got you one." Harry smiled as I picked up the necklace and looked at it in my hands.

It was a silver necklace with an infinity symbol. "Harry I-I love it." I whispered, completely awestruck.

"Turn it over." He instructed still smiling widely.

I turned over the necklace and looked on the back of the infinity symbol to see a small imprint of one word. 'Always'.

I felt like I could cry when I saw it, ever since Harry and I had first said 'I love you' one of us would say 'always' after, it became our thing.

"Thank you, H. I love it so much." I whispered before I threw myself at Harry who stumbled back slightly when my smaller figure hit into him.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me tightly before kissing the top of my head. When we pulled apart he helped put the necklace on me before I hugged him again.