Are you even listening?

This is based of something I saw on Pinterest and I've just expanded it a little :) 

I hope it's alright.

TW: Slight mention of abuse, not a lot just a small bit.

Harry's P.O.V

For the last few weeks Louis has been really distant and I don't know why, I will call him at night and he won't even talk to me he will just hum after everything I say. I feel likes he's not even listening to me. All day at school he just looks completely out of it, he doesn't talk or make jokes the only person he will talk and laugh with is Liam. Does he not love me anymore? 

It was currently around 1 am in the morning and was downstairs on my laptop watching Brooklyn 99, when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. My mum has a very strict schedule on curfews, no being downstairs or on my laptop after 1am. The footsteps were getting closer as I was trying to pause the show and close my laptop. "Harry darling, why are you down here this late?" She asked as I jumped up from the couch. 

"I um, I was err getting a drink." I lied scratching the back of my neck.

"Your not lying are you?" She asked looking over my face.

"No." 

"Where's your laptop?" She asked walking closer to the couch.

"Err it's in the kitchen." I mumbled trying to put a cushion over my laptop. 

"No it's not." She said sternly as she looked down at the pillow, she looked back at me before moving the cushion and picking up my laptop without saying anything. "Go to bed Harry." She sounded mad but I kind of needed my laptop.

"Mum, can I have it back?" I asked timidly as she stopped in her tracks.

"No, Robin and I will keep it." She said without looking at me.

"But Mum?!" I groaned.

"But what Harry? You lied to me, stayed up past curfew and now your disobeying me." She said finally turning around.

"No one else's parents make their 17 year old son have a curfew." I groaned looking at her.

"Well I'm not them and you live with me not them." She said turning around and walking up the stairs with my laptop in her arms.

I sighed and started walking up to my room. I pulled out my phone and dialed Louis' number as I knew he would be awake, and I sat down on my bed. It rung a couple times before he answered. 

"Hey" He mumbled quietly from the other line.

"Hey Lou, I just wanted to rant to you about something. Can I?" I asked him as I leant against my headboard.

"Mhm." He said back before I started talking.

~

"And then she just took it away! And for what?" I continued ranting into the phone. "I was just like 10 minutes past curfew?! Who even has curfew at 17?!" I whisper-shouted to my boyfriend. 

"Mhm, yeah." Louis says without interest.

"Are you even Listening?" I sighed as I moved a little.

"Mhm, yeah." He says again with the same bored tone.

"LOU!" I shouted, not even caring that I could have woken my parents up.

"Jesus, my ear drums! What?!"  He says suddenly.

"Oh I'm sorry my life might not be interesting enough for you, but I'd like it if I could maybe talk to my boyfriend about my stupid problems, even if they are petty compared to whatever you and Liam talk about. Do you ever listen to a word I say?" I hung up, too annoyed to hear what he was going to say as I wiped a tear quickly from my eye.