Merry christmas 🎄❄️

Okay so I thought about this while lying in bed one night and I thought I could make it a Christmas one shot :)

ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A LOVELY DAY WHEREVER YOU ARE!! It may not be how we thought Christmas would be this year but we can take this as a sign to be thankful for what we have and to appreciate things in the moment before they're gone <3

3rd person P.O.V

Harry and Louis first started dating when they were in high school, everything was perfect. Until it wasn't. Well that's a bit dramatic. Harry moved away for university a few years into their relationship, he moved from England all the way to California. Louis stayed and joined a university in London where he lived alone in a one bedroom apartment.

The thing was is that Louis and Harry live more than 5000 miles away from each other, and being in a long distance relationship can be difficult, but Louis and Harry trust each other a lot and they call as much as they can. But it doesn't stop Louis from missing Harry like mad.

Christmas was coming up soon and that also meant so was Louis' birthday and Harry was still 5000 miles away in sunny California. It was December 22nd and Louis was leaving for Doncaster today so he could be with his family on his birthday and Christmas.

Louis had just finished packing his bag when his phone started ringing from where he left it on the bed, he smiled when he saw the name and quickly answered it. "Hey, H."

"Hey babe." Harry's deep voice sounded even deeper through the phone, although Louis hadn't heard his voice in person for almost a year. "How are you?" His voice sounded tired.

"I'm alright, I'm about to leave for Donny. How are you? You sound tired." Louis asked as he carried his suitcase out of the bedroom and into the hallway.

"Well it is like.." Harry paused as he checked the time. "4am here." He chuckled making Louis get butterflies in his stomach. He's not even with him but he still has the same effect as if he was in the room.

"Oh yeah, I forgot time zones exist." Louis laughed as he put his shoes on.

"I miss you." Harry sighed through the phone as Louis sat down on the couch and relaxed to the sounds of Harry's heaving breathing from the other line.

"I miss you too." Louis said as he leant back and closed his eyes. "So much" he whispered as he took a deep breath.

"Listen Lou-" Harry hesitated before continuing. "I don't know if I can make it down to Doncaster for Christmas." He sighed.

Louis sat up and pressed the phone closer to his ear. "What!? But you said-"

"I know what I said Lou, but I can't just leave California right this minute." Harry said, raising his voice a little.

Louis stood up and started to pace the room. "So you can't even be bothered to come see your boyfriend for Christmas."

"I'm not saying it like that. You're putting words in my mouth." Harry sighed and Louis could hear him shuffling on the other line.

"Well I'm sorry for wanting someone I love to actually be with me in person instead of over the phone. It's almost been a year Harry. I haven't seen you in person for almost a year." Louis stopped pacing as he placed a hand on his head and rubbed his temple lightly.

"I know Lou, and I'm sorry. It's just- I'm really busy-"

Louis cut him off and started talking. "I've heard it all before, look I've gotta go Harry. I'm gonna miss my train if I don't go now, so I'll just- text you later."

"Okay" Harry sighed. "I'll talk to you later, love you."

"Yeah, talk to you later." Louis hung up and held his phone tightly in his hand as he looked up at a picture on the wall. It was a picture of him and Harry on the two year anniversary, Anne had taken a picture of them just as Harry jumped onto Louis' back and kissed his cheek.