You.

This is a sad one. You've been warned. I was in a sad mood and I just thought of it. So I'm sorry in advance. Like literally so sorry.

Trigger warnings ⚠️: Mentions of death and slight mentions of car crash (nothing major).

3rd person P.O.V

The doorbell rang.

Harry got up from where he was sat in the living room and slowly walked towards the front door, his hands hiding in the large hoodie he was wearing.

He hesitated before he opened the door. Did he really want to see anyone right now? He'd had enough sympathy. He'd had enough of people telling him they were sorry. Sorry wouldn't do shit.

He wanted people to leave him alone for a while. He needed to think. To breathe.

Just when he thought he was going to turn around and head back to the living room he reached out and opened the door.

"Hey mate." Niall and Liam were stood in the doorway. "Zayn would have come but he's busy today."

Harry didn't say anything. He just stood there staring at them. He didn't invite them so he had no interest of letting them in.

"How are you?" Liam asked, swapping his car keys between his hands.

"Fine." Harry answered hiding his hands in his hoodie pocket while Liam nodded slowly.

"We came to see if you have decided yet?"

"Decided what?"

"If your moving." Niall clarified, speaking slowly as if he was talking to a child.

Harry looked away from them. His chest aching. He'd had a conversation with his mum a few weeks ago about moving. After Louis'... accident. He'd felt trapped in grief and ache. His mum had suggested moving out of the house they shared, trying to move on.

Harry couldn't even fathom moving on, Louis was everything. He never thought he'd have to move on. He told her he'd decide later with no intention of actually thinking about it at all.

"No." Harry answered plainly, pushing other thoughts away as he looked back to his friends.

Liam and Niall looked at eachother, seeming to have a conversation without uttering a single word. "Harry." Liams tone was that of a parent trying to explain something sad to a child. "Don't you think you should?" He looked at Niall as if asking him to continue. when the Irish man didn't Liam sighed. "It's been a while since he died, you should try to move on-"

"Don't tell me what to do." Harry snapped, his throat closing. "You have no right," he gritted his teeth and stepped forward, "to come here and tell me to move on."

"Harry," Niall said softly, trying to calm his friend down, "we know you're hurting but-"

"You don't know shit!" Harry yelled, his eyes bloodshot and teary. "You cannot say you understand how I feel!" He stepped further towards them. "You didn't lose him the way I lost him. You can move on and continue with your lives. I can't." Tears fell from his eyes. "You can't come to my house, and tell me to move on. My husband died. The person I've loved for sixteen years. I will move on when I want. Not when you tell me to."

"I'm sorry, H, we shouldn't have-"

"You shouldn't." Harry turned around. "You can go."

"Harry, please-"

Harry closed the door. His chest was so tight it felt like it was crushing his organs, his hands were shaking so badly he wouldn't be able to pick up anything if he tried to.