Field of flowers.

This was requested by the lovely Addie_your_Queen she actually requested this ages ago but I never got round to doing it so here it is. Many, many months late. <33

TW⚠️: Mentions of death.

3rd person P.O.V

Louis tilted his head back up to the blue sky, the sun was bright and shining down onto the field he was currently sat in. He let the sun dance over his face as he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. He felt so alive. He was so happy.

The feeling of the sun hitting his face, the warmth so soothing, the feeling of the grass beneath him tickled his hands and the smell of flowers scattered around lingered in the air.

Suddenly someone practically jumping into his lap startled him and he opened his eyes to see his boyfriend smiling brightly with a flower crown in his hands.

Louis' hands came to settle on Harry's waist as he got comfortable. He sat up while Harry put his legs on either side of Louis, straddling him. "Look, I made this one." He smiled brightly, his dimples showing as he wafted the colourful crown of yellow flowers in front of his face.

"It's beautiful, Flower." Louis smiled back at him, one of his hands coming to tuck one of his curls behind his ear. "You gonna put it on?"

Harry nodded with a small blush on his cheeks as he pushed the crown into Louis' chest. Louis just laughed and picked it up before carefully setting it down on top of Harry's curly brown hair. He readjusted it so it sat nicely on his head, before leaning forward and pecking his lips a few times.

"Thank you." Harry smiled wrapping his arms around Louis' neck. "Why don't you make one?" He asked, his head tilting to the side as he swayed a little in Louis' lap.

"You know I can't make them." Louis stated as he brought his hand up to Harry's face and rubbed the pad of his thumb over his jaw.

"I can teach you."

"You've tried, babe." Louis chuckled at the memory. "I didn't do very well."

"That's okay, you just need practice." He smiled innocently leaning his head forward so their foreheads were touching.

"I think I'll leave the flower crown making to you, my love." Louis whispered as he kissed Harry once more before he lost balance and fell back onto the ground, Harry falling forward with him.

Harry laughed with his head tucked into Louis' neck, his face inches away from the green grass they were sat on.

Louis just wrapped his arms around Harry's waist and held him closer to his body, he'd loved this boy for years but only done anything about it three years ago, and he'd wished he'd done something sooner. Because now he was twenty and Harry was 18 but he'd loved him much longer.

They first met when Harry was around three years old. His family had moved to Doncaster and moved into the house next to Louis' family, and it only took a matter of minutes after Louis met Harry to decide that he would protect the small, smiling, flower crown-loving boy from the bad things in the world that could hurt him.

He knew at that age that Harry was too precious to be damaged by the darkness that was outside. They had been best friends for as long as they both could remember and then finally when Harry was fifteen Louis had the courage to ask him out on a date, of course he said yes. Then three years later they were more in love than ever, sat in a field enjoying the sun while Harry created his daily flower crown.

Harry would wear a flower crown everyday, but never the same one twice, unless he really, really liked it. Otherwise he'd make a new one or buy a different crown with different flowers, he always had one on, no matter what. And Louis couldn't be more in love with him.