You saved my life.

I was struggling to find a picture that fits this chapter as I have Thalassophobia and all the pictures that came up made me look away multiple times and It terrified me so I chose a random one because I couldn't look further. Anyway I hope you enjoy this one, It shouldn't be that long but I say that and then it's 2000 words so we will see :)

Louis' P.O.V

I was floating on my back in the ocean, and it was around 7pm so all the lifeguards had gone home. There was only around 5 other people here with me. I was just relaxing in the water as I was looking up at the sky above me, watching the way the stars shone. Suddenly a wave came over my face and I wiped my eyes and looked around noticing I was further out than before and that the waves were getting quite strong. I turned back just as another wave crashed into me knocking me under. I started to panic a little as I resurfaced but as soon as I came up to breathe another wave that was stronger than the last hit me and knocked me under again. As I came up again I realized how rough the water was and with the waves constantly hitting me, I was going under quick.

I started to panic more and my breathing became rapid as more waves kept hitting me and knocking me under. As I was under I opened my eyes ignoring the salty sting and looked down seeing the sandy floor far beneath me, I wish I didn't do that as I started floating down until my ears popped from the pressure. I started kicking as hard as I could trying to reach the surface.

When your drowning your instincts tell you to kick, jump, pull yourself, do whatever you can to swim up because your so desperate to get to the surface. I kept my mouth closed trying my hardest not to open it to take the breathe that I was craving. The worst part is that no one can see what's happening and it's frustrating because you know that your dying and your just waiting to drown.

My lungs started to burn. I was desperate for that sweet taste of oxygen, I wanted to get out of the water, but whatever I tried couldn't even pull myself to the surface. I kept thinking I could breathe, but I couldn't. I started to grab my throat and I stopped fighting the water, there was so much pressure I felt like I could explode. Eventually my lungs gave out and I took a deep, deep breath. For a second I felt relived finally taking the breath I needed. But that soon passed as I felt the water enter my mouth and it made me feel 10x heavier. It hurt so bad and I couldn't do anything to save myself.

In a panic I inhaled more and more water and began to feel dizzy. Then calm. I realized how silent it was. Peaceful. I could feel myself slowly going to the surface but I didn't reach above the water, I was just floating near the surface but I had no more energy to swim. So I didn't. I just stopped. I allowed the water to take control of my body, I just left my mouth slightly open and I was just so calm. I didn't feel anything. I was no longer afraid of death, which is weird because I'm terrified of dying. But in this moment I wasn't afraid. I was just... numb.

My vision started to spot because of the lack of oxygen to my brain. But I didn't try to take my last moments fighting because everything around me was still, and relaxed that I didn't feel the need to save myself from something that felt so blissful. It then all went black.

~

My eyes opened and everything was blurry, but I suddenly felt very sick and sat up throwing up water onto the sand next to me. Sand? I looked around a little seeing paramedics all around me placing me onto a stretcher before putting a oxygen mask over my mouth and nose. Breathing felt foreign and I didn't like that It wasn't quiet anymore. My whole body ached and I felt paralyzed. I felt them pick up the stretcher and start walking to the ambulance. My eyes caught sight of a man with brown, wet, curly hair, breathing heavily as he followed the paramedics. I was completely disoriented but I couldn't help to notice his beautiful green eyes.