Leave America?

I thought of this a while ago after one of Harry's shows and decided we needed a little a bit of angst.

Sorry it's been so long my lovelies. If any of you have given me a request I haven't forgotten it they are either half written or saved as a draft waiting for me to get it. I haven't forgotten :)

ALSO IM SEEING LOUIS' DOCUMENTARY ON WEDNESDAY AND IM SO EXCITED BUT I KNOW IM GONNA CRYYYYY

Enjoy!

3rd person P.O.V

Louis and Harry had been together for a long time now, over a decade (if you don't include their brief split five years ago), but they'd never actually lived together for longer than six months in one place.

That's the problem with their jobs, one of them was always away on tour or they both were, and when they both had time off they spent it swapping between their houses in England and America.

Louis knew it was impractical. But it worked for them until...well until Harry decided it didn't.

Louis'd had a really good day off, he'd gotten to do all the housework he'd been putting off for days, called his mum and siblings, went out for a bit with Oli and then got home before Harry.

He was thinking about starting dinner when the door opened and the sound of soft footsteps entered the house. He turned around to see Harry walking into the kitchen, with his bag still on his shoulder.

"Hey." Louis smiled leaning his back against the counter, watching his boyfriend take off his bag, place it on the island and then remove his suit jacket, undoing the top button of his shirt.

"Hi." Harry replied, smiling softly at him for a moment before his expression went serious. "We need to talk."

Louis' chest constricted at how his voice sounded. "That doesn't sound good."

"It's nothing bad I just wanted to get your opinion on an idea I had." Harry reassured, stepping closer to Louis and placing his hands on his hips, leaning his head forward.

"Okay...what is it?" Louis ran his hands up his boyfriends side when the man's head hit his shoulder, staying there.

"In a minute." He breathed, still clutching Louis' shirt in his hands.

Louis had a nervous fluttering in his stomach, and he really wanted Harry to just spit it out but then it would mean he'd lose the comfort of his body against his own.

So he didn't move, continuing to run his hands over Harry's back.

A few minutes later, neither of them saying anything, Harry leaned back, eyes serious again and said, "Let's go to the living room."

Louis followed without hesitation and they both ended up sitting down on their couch, only a bit of space between them.

"Okay, so I've been thinking." Harry started, turning his body to face his boyfriends, "We're always swapping between houses and I think it's just a bit difficult now and I think it'd be easier if we just chose one house to stay at."

Louis thought about his words and figured that what he was saying made sense, so he let him continue.

"And so I was thinking... that we should keep the house in America."

Okay, that didn't make sense to Louis. "Sorry, what?" He closed his eyes for a brief moment, "You want to move to America. And pack up our life here?"

"It's not like we'll never come back, Lou. We still have stuff to do here but we'd be living in America for the most part."

Louis scoffed, "What made you ever think I would consider that, let alone want it?"