Match time.

This was requested by micheallikespizza I hope it's alright (:

IM ALIVE I SWEAR. I HAVE BEEN GONE YEARS AND IM SO SORRY FOR THAT. IM NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU THE REASONS WHY BC WE WOULD BE HERE FOREVER SO ALL IM GOING TO SAY IS IM SORRY IVE BEEN GONE SO FRICKING LONG. I LOVE YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU'RE ALL DOING OKAY. YOU'RE AMAZING. <33

Btw guys I'm using Manchester United and Liverpool as the two football teams but none of the real players or managers are part of the team. I'm just using the name bc I'm too lazy to think of a FC name so forget everything you know about the teams 😂

And I know literally nothing about football so anything I say goes, okay? If it's inaccurate... pretend it's not.

IM SO SORRY THIS ONE IS SO LONG AND I DIDN'T EVEN REALISE HOW LONG BC I WRITE IT OVER FOUR MONTHS SO UMM...GET COMFY.

Enjoyyyyyy

3rd person P.O.V

"Boys, we have been training for this one match for the entire season. The other matches were nothing compared to this." Louis said sternly as he paced the floor of the locker room, his whistle hanging loose around his neck.

"Coach?" One of the players from the corner of the room spoke up.

"Yes, Dalton?"

"Not that we don't love these... talks after practice a day before a game but can we go home yet?" Josh Dalton put his bottle down on the bench and stepped forward a little. "Training ended almost twenty minutes ago."

"I'm just preparing you for what is to come tomorrow, because for 90 minutes I will be counting on you to win this game." Louis pointed at each player with a stern expression.

"You just want us to beat Coach Styles' team." Ben, one of the defenders, spoke up with a smile.

"What did I say about saying his name in this room?!" Louis almost yelled, eyes panicked. "He is an evil man, and we cannot risk poisoning the air around us this close to beating his teams ass."

"Coach... have you ever thought that maybe you should calm down about this?" James asked, as a few other players hummed. "We're gonna beat 'em."

"Yeah, Coach. You only get really paranoid and crazy when we have to play Liverpool. But guess what? You're our Coach and you've made a winning team. So calm down, we've got this." He smiled before smirking a little. "Now can we go?"

"Jeez you all complain so much." Louis mumbled. "Fine, you can go, but be back here tomorrow morning at 7am. No later. If you're even a minute late we will leave without you." He turned around and grabbed one of the players bottles, chucking it to them. "If I see one mistake on that field that shouldn't have happened, you all will run extra laps at training."

There was a murmur of "yes coach" around the room before Louis nodded and his team started to pack up all their stuff into their bags. He hid his smile as he turned and walked to his office, he was incredibly proud of them, they tried so hard and worked well together. But of course he could never tell them that, because if he told them, it wouldn't mean as much when they deserved it most.

Some people would be surprised at how well Louis bonded with his team, he became their coach just over two years ago and since then they have become almost like a family, they thought of each other as such too. And of course all the players knew Louis was proud of them, they could tell when he smiled at them after the match, and when he talked to them, he just rarely said it.

He sat down in his chair with a content sigh, he ran a hand through his hair as he leant back and replayed the teams training session in his head, looking for problems to fix.