Lost memories

This was requested by WhoWouldntLoveHim28 I hope it's okay (:

3rd person P.O.V

Louis' leg was bouncing as he waited nervously in the hospital chair, he had been here for a few days already. Harry had an accident at work and hit his head badly, he was immediately knocked unconscious and an ambulance was called.

Louis can still remember the feeling he got when Anne called him saying that Harry was hurt, he immediately left work and rushed to the hospital. The doctors had already done an MRI and a CT scan by the time Louis got there.

They said that there was no obvious damage to Harry's brain or skull and there was no internal bleeding, but he was in a coma and they didn't know when or even if he will wake up.

If.

That word felt like it had stabbed Louis when he heard it. He was crying as he yelled at the doctors asking what they meant by 'if' because he had to wake up, Louis needed him.

He was going to propose to Harry in around a week but then he had the accident and he's been at the hospital since, Louis hadn't gone home and he's been in the same clothes for almost a week. He couldn't leave. He needed to be here when Harry woke up.

When. Not if.

"Hello, Louis." The doctors gruff voice filled the room as he walked inside, Louis just looked up and tried to smile but it probably looked more like a grimace.

"I'm just coming to check his vitals and that everything is okay." Dr Shepherd said as he walked over to the hospital bed Harry was laying, almost lifeless, in.

Louis just nodded and put his head back into his hands, his hair was greasy and he was sure he smelled bad but he couldn't go home, he needed to be here with Harry.

The doctor was done in a few minutes but before he walked out the room he walked up to Louis. "Louis, there is something I think I should let you know." He started and Louis picked his head up, already worried. "Im not the type of doctor to sugarcoat things so... if Harry wakes up there is a high chance that he's lost some of his memory. The accident took a bad hit to his head, and it is normal for head trauma patients to lose memory temporarily. I just wanted to let you know."

"Wait so, when he wakes up he might not even remember me?" Louis asked with tears in his eyes.

"There is a high chance, yes." Dr shepherd nodded. "But most cases are temporary and the patients regain full memory after a few days or weeks."

"You said most cases."

"Yes. Most cases. There is a chance that Harry's memories will not return but we will speak more about this if he wakes up and has lost memories." Dr shepherd said before heading to the door.

"When." Louis whispered as he sat back down in the chair he pulled over to Harry's hospital bed. "Please remember me." He whispered even quieter, he had tears rolling down his cheeks and his voice was gravely. "If you forget who I am, I don't know what i'd do." He gently grabbed Harry's hand and held it in his. "I need you to wake up, H. Please. Wake up." He brought Harry's hand to his mouth and kissed it, the salty taste of his tears in his mouth.

Five hours later one of the nurses walked into Harry's room, her name was Elizabeth and she had been bringing food for Louis to eat as he hadn't gone home. "Here you go Louis. Cafeteria food." She chuckled lightly as she handed him a sandwich and a drink before sitting down next to him. "How are you holding up?"

Louis just shrugged as he placed the food down onto the small corner table next to him. "Dr shepherd said he might not remember some things."

"I know, he told me." She sighed and moved her chair closer to him. "But there's a chance he will remember after time."