1. SHE

====================

Soulmates are pieces of one soul.

They can only be complete once they find each other and complete the bond.

====================

Daun can feel the gentle caress on her cheeks. Smiling, she tries to brush it away. Persistently, it caresses again, coaxing her to wake up. She obeys and slowly opens her eyes.

She glares at the white lacy curtain swaying with the gentle early autumn breeze. It continuously bothers her, teasing the sleepiness away. The little spiral wind chime pleasantly tinkling along, as if laughing on her disrupted slumber.

She forgot to close the window again last night. Sighing, she looks up on the white ceiling.

Feeling lazy, she rolls away...

Her back is away from the window, curled-up on the soft white sheets of her bed. She blinks again and again as she tries to recall the dream that she just had. She smiles as the residue of its warmth and happiness still lingers in her heart. She closes her eyes again trying to relive the moment.

"Let us find you..." She articulates every word, letting each word rolls on her tongue. She can still hear the baritone voice and vividly recall the boxy smile of its owner but she could not somehow remember the face. Only the gentle smile and every soft curve of his lips. She hurriedly takes her journal and writes the statement before time blurs it out from her head again. Just like the conversations of her dream from the last.

The dream is not a first for Daun. Soul dream, that's what her best friend told her. A coping mechanism, the therapist assessed. The latter is more plausible.

Ever since she was a child, she often dreamed of children playing and giggling with her on that same place. Sometimes she was playing tag, running on the vastness of her dream world. As she grew, the children in her dreams also grew, somehow accompanying her in the journey of her life. She can recall bits of them and try writing the events on her journal or even drawing them on her sketch pad, as advised by her therapist. Though as the moment passes, the events blur out from her mind and soon became forgotten. The dreams always leave her wanted and loved. And so, as time passes, the want of materializing and emulating these dreams became her passion and life.

A chill creeps through Daun's bones snapping her from her musings. She closes the window and decides to head on to the kitchen for her usual hot cocoa, a must for the early morning. As Daun trudges along the corridor, several paintings ranges from happy little children's feet on puddle of mud, painted with the colors of rainbow, to the smiles of several faceless men with vibrant mists covering the eyes, only showing the luscious lips, dimples, and boxy smile framed in black, greets her. All of which are inspired from her dreams. She smiles as she strolls through.

She chuckles as she recalls the excited gasp of her best friend, Hannah, when she first bravely shared her dreams to her. Hannah proclaimed it as a Soul dream. It was one of the known soul bonds where one dream of their future with their soulmate. Hannah then was blabbering about Daun having several soulmates as she had mentioned more than one man in her dreams. Daun was amused watching her explaining the significance of the dream to her future. That it's possible for her to be in Multiples, one of the rare instances where one is fated to not just one soulmate.

Daun could not blame the younger, as she was soon be eighteen and was expecting to finally have her soul mark to appear...may it be an ink on her skin, a name perhaps or a drawing symbolizing her other half, or a red string, or a soul switch, or perhaps a soul dream just like hers, as what Hannah deduced. Daun just laughed and quickly cut her hopeless fantasy before it could influence her, for she knew it's impossible. And as Daun aged, the therapist's assessment becomes her reality. She didn't want to keep on hoping on the fantasy that Hannah could had have instilled in her.

Yes, Daun once hoped... but not anymore.

Holding on that fantasy would further hurt her already wounded heart.

After all, even at the age of twenty-one, she is already three years too late to be blessed by Fate with a soulmate.

Daun doesn't have the marks that indicates any soul bonds. And besides, since birth, she has been destined to live a life alone... barren of any soulmates... barren from love... a Soulo.

And Daun is cool with it.