56. PARTNERS

====================

Prescriptions of suppressants under the disguise of depressants to people with known soulmates is a medical malpractice and punishable by law.

====================

Her eyes are up looking at sky through the barren branches of a tree. The leaves are nowhere to be seen as the winter cold had made it hibernate for the season. It's gloomy, asleep, more like dead, but certainly, as the season ends, spring will come. It would be green again. Flowers will bloom again.

She sighs.

Though the sun had hidden itself, the early afternoon has become brighter than the past few days. No snowflakes have been falling from the sky. Not one laying on the bushes around. Everything has been melted, yet the gloominess in her heart still solid as ice. In fact, it's denser in the present. The children's giggles can't even make a little crack.

She feels barren like the tree. The children's muffled joyful screaming can't even foothold within her heart. It supposed to be her warmth. It used to be, but today... she doubts to be enjoying her stay.

She's not feeling well. She couldn't even bring herself to step in the orphanage and join the fun. The guilt of last night's event had somehow dissipated, but somehow, it had reborn anew with her check-up. Her head now is swirling, too focused and worried on Dr. Choi's words playing out like a broken record on her head.

"It seems that nobody among you have done any considerable progress with your soul bounds..." The doctor's voice is still fresh, as if she is still on the seat in front of the ever-straightforward doctor. Once again, the scene with her check-up a while ago flashes upon her.

**********

"It's nice to see you Miss Lee." Dr. Choi greeted Daun. "You too Mr. Kim and Mr. Jeon."

The three bowed to him in response.

The doctor then directly proceeded to check their soulmate chart reflected in the monitor of his computer. There were two results flashed on the screen. One was dated almost a week before and the other was dated today.

Before they got inside his clinic, Daun was instructed by a nurse to have a soul lab test where several wires were connected to her chest and back. She was a bit afraid of it but Jin and Jungkook were angels as they never left her side throughout the ordeal. The nurse then guided them back to the office with the doctor already sitting behind his desk.

"It seemed that nobody among you have done any considerable progress with your soul bounds. It is much the same as before except these three here." He pointed on three different colors. It's noticeable how the three had risen a bit compared to the result last week. It had more vibrant color than the washed-out color from before. She thought that the colors were just for aesthetic effects but she felt she was wrong.

Her heart beat in nervousness. She felt like nothing she had done was right.

"What do you think happened here?" Mr. Choi asked. She could hear the concern on the doctor's voice. It seemed that what was being presented on the screen was a disappointment for him.

Her only response was; "I-I don't know."

"But Dr. Choi... she has become healthier." Seokjin interjected.

"We've been talking and... touching..." Jungkook added as he blushed.

"Touching? In what extent? According to the charts... none of those are effective."