70. SCENT

====================

Soul scent is one of the soul senses - soul signs, categorized with soul feel, soul taste, soul vision, and soul hear. However, it is often neglected with its commonality in comparison to the other four.

====================

Daun. Daun. Daun.

He can't think anything else but Daun.

Every time he feels, smells, tastes, or experience anything, he always assimilates it with her. When he smelled the fragrance of his newly bought fabric cologne, he would wonder if there were any orange blossoms among the available scent. When he laid his head on the pillow at night, her bare back as he went inside her room that night with his Hobi-hyung by her side, invaded his mind. When he looked at the wide field before him, he couldn't think nothing else but the heat she was emitting as she was straddling him and playfully caressing his cheek with the freezing snow.

He smiles.

She just single-handedly governed his whole being.

It's really becoming a problem. It's not that he hates it. Rather, he loves that in his every waking hour, he only thinks of her. However, he can't do anything productive with her running around on his head. He wanted to mellow it down with her by his side, yet he couldn't do that as she is currently having her nap. She had sniffed a little during their breakfast. Her nose was getting red, and her eyes were screaming for more sleep. It seems that she is not thoroughly healed with the fever in which he had caused.

That is why he is currently in their pavilion with a huge canvas and an array of colors of acrylic paints. Two hours has passed, his jaws are aching as he has been unknowingly smiling in every stroke of his paint brush. He couldn't help it. His heart is giddy as the image morphed into the smiling Daun. The painting is her when he first saw her with her soft yellow dress, looking like the sun herself. Clipped beside the canvass is a printed photo of that day which is used as his reference.

In the first hour, he was a bit unhappy for not fully capturing her beauty. He finds his skill inadequate for the poor attempt. Yet, he didn't surrender and with his patience, he had ultimately painted her adorable smile. He is proud of it.

Productive or not, it's still because of Daun. He helplessly smiles.

He is busily correcting some imperfections when he notices something on the air. Though the snow from yesterday had already melted, it is still cold, yet not as freezing as yesterday. The intricately carved wood panels of the traditionally Korean inspired pavilion had failed to block the chilling breeze. However, it is not it's coldness that catches his attention, but the scent that comes with it. It smells of sweet oranges. He wonders if there is an orchard nearby. He crinkles his nose as he breathes in the scent. Its fragrance is of those white orange blossoms bundled and crushed into a pulp to produce such essence. Its sweetness is salivating just like those orange blossom honey that his mother had brought once. The smell is very much akin to their Daun's scent.

He closes his eyes tight as he groans. He had read once that the scent of orange blossoms is an aphrodisiac. For him, having the most sensitive smell, the scent is lethal. Without fail, his libido comes boiling over from within, heating his whole body just like those times whenever Daun is near. Perhaps it is the very reason why his behavior ever since living with Daun had changed.

He is always uneasy. Not because he is uncomfortable with her, but because he has this constant need to bury his nose against her nape and consume all her scent. He wants to lick and taste the citrus on her skin. He wants to kiss her and be with her always. He had even wondered if her blood would taste like the tangerines that his Yoongi-hyung loves. He is becoming an addict. He is becoming possessive. If he had been a dog, for sure, he had bitten the others from touching her. He wants her all the time.