32. TRAVEL

====================

Soul travel is the rarest as well as one of the oldest known soul bound where the soulmate has an out of body experience and the soul travels near to their soulmates even without the practice of meditation. It is assimilated with soul dreams but the soul is rational and the experience is much more vivid to be forgotten.

====================

She is in a mist. Its color is mixed akin to the colors of her paintings. They are neon and so bright to her eyes. She wiggles her toes and feels the fluffy texture of the ground. It's as if she is in a carpeted floor, only it's covered with a thick fog of reds and oranges.

Trusting the unseen floor, she walks forward.

As she takes each step, the fog makes its way to the next color...from red to orange...then yellow to blue... Every time she advances, some muffled voices are heard. She can hear a distant conversation. She can make out some giggling and chuckling. And as she moves further forward, the voices louden. The laughs clearer.

She follows the voices and as she is in the midst of the purple mist, something magically appears.

In front of her stands a lone purple door with a golden knob.

Seeing the door makes her heart leaps in delight and her hands are itching to twist the door open. As she about to hold the knob, she is pushed forward, passing through its solid surface, as if the door was just a mirage or something. When she finds her balance, she is in a beautifully decorated room akin to those elite hotel suites and sees people happily conversing to each other.

One is animatedly talking with his hands slapping at the back of the other. The other chortles, his whole body quaking with the loudest giggle as he bends his body almost falling to the ground. The others are equally amused with their crescent eyes and mouths wide with a loud laugh.

She counts. They are seven. She focuses and finds them familiar. Too familiar in fact.

With the happiness of seeing them, she calls. She makes sure she's loud for them to hear but like underwater, her voice is muffled and unheard. They continue on talking as if her presence does not deter them. As if, she doesn't exist.

Confused, she walks nearer and attempts to touch them, but just like the purple door, they are like a mirage. Her hands just passes through their cheeks.

This creeps her out. She attempts to call their names one by one. She feels frustrated for not being heard and thus she stands up on the wooden coffee table at the middle. They stopped laughing. The room becomes solemn. She becomes hyper aware of the change of mood.

"I wish Daun is here." Taehyung says. His lips in a frown. The mention of her name makes her focus more on their conversation. Her heart skipping with how he articulates her name. She can hear the hopefulness on his voice.

"Don't worry, I can feel that it's near." Jin answers. His eyes are gleaming.

"How wonderful if we're finally complete." Jimin comments. His cheeks high with a gentle smile.

The conversation continues. Her as the topic is making her more confused than ever.

'What are they talking about? Me? Completing them? What is it with me?' Her mind thinks. She can feel her face blushing with the heat of overwhelming shyness.

"She is our soulmate. We are bound to be together." Namjoon says confidently. Dimples peeking through as he sincerely smiles to the others.

'Me? Soulmate?' She nervously wonders.