23. DANGEROUS

====================

Theory: Sasaengs are delusional anti-Fates.

====================

The cold wind breezes past them as the two run fast. Their hands holding tightly, as if afraid to let go. His own is much bigger in contrast to hers. His is much rougher in comparison to her soft one. Her strides are short but quick. Each step creating a stomping sound akin to his beating heart, not nervous but instead excited on how close he is to his soulmate. He smirks as he realizes how adorably small she is, perhaps a few inches shorter than Jimin. He can actually outpaces her if he wants to, but instead, he lets her drags him wherever it will be. He doesn't care where will the path they take leads them to. He doesn't even want this to end. He just knows that it would be far from those sasaengs. This would be ridiculous, but he kind of thankful of them for this.

With fondness he carries on observing her physique. Her wavy dark brown hair is cascading on her shoulders. Some strands smoothly flows and waving through the breeze. He bets it would so silky and soft to touch. Her back is covered with the fiery furry red coat. She managed to tie the sleeves together to prevent it from falling from her shoulders. The color is somewhat so strong for her bright innocent eyes. He would prefer her to be in yellow or in pastel colors, but the red and earth tones of her clothes gives the warmth and approachable vibes to her. Her brown skirt bounces in every steps she takes, showing a bit of her legs. Thankfully, she is wearing flat boots and not those high heeled ones that women nowadays usually wear. It makes running easier for her. Her whole outfit screams sophistication as well as comfort.

He realizes how she knows the museum so well like the back of her hands as she keeps on turning to narrow passages, ones that he is not aware of. Namjoon had been visiting the museum for many times now. Every time, he fails to fully appreciate its entirety. Maybe it's because of the limited time and the enormous space. It consists of several huge beautifully manicured and landscaped garden with water features and a few greenhouses. The garden is for showcasing the bonsais throughout warmer seasons while the greenhouses are for the rest. The latter are very much cramped with bonsais kept inside due to the cold.

The kind family, who founded the huge museum, gives lessons to bonsai hobby growers like him. He even learned how to grow one from one of the sons whom he met through one of their stuffs and became great friends. He was told that only very few comes during this time of the year and made sure to always find time to visit.

She suddenly stops as she peeks back to him with a worried smile, her eyes peering and brows furrow as if asking if he's okay. He smiles reassuringly as a reply. Her chest heaves as she takes her breath. A while later she looks back to the path they had taken and observes if the women followed them.

"Great!" She exasperates when she notices two of the woman's head peeking from a very far corner. They are obviously lost, still seeking for their idol. Not a minute later, the two are retreating back to their path. She sighs in relief.

She continues now sauntering through a narrower path, shoulders a little bit at ease, as if confident that their chasers wont be after them any more. Daun's each step is relaxed while Namjoon's are meek. Their hands still holding. He can't help but hold hers firmly, feeling like flying with the joy of touching his soulmate. Her hands softly and firmly presses back tightly, as if comforting him wordlessly.

She turns another narrower path in between two tall hedges that leads them to a traditional gate. She opens it, pulls him in and closes it back.

"We're safe here. No one would think of you being here." She says as she sways their hands together. Their hands are like glued together the entire time of their escape. She looks at them and realizes how inappropriate it is to hold someone's hands for a long time.

Before Daun can let go, with her great surprise, Namjoon's two hands clasp her two hands firmly instead. His eyes are so tender towards her. She can't help but blush. She panics but somehow the warmth on his eyes soothes her. She can't bring herself to wisk his hands away as his ashen face flashes through her memory.

"You're my angel." The statement has a double meaning. His heart triumphant with the length of their touch. He can feel the tingles of his skin where they connect. He can feel so energized as ever, even after all the running. In fact both of them feel it. Their hands feels so right to be holding each other.

Namjoon has this overwhelming need to be closer. Unable to stop himself, he embraces her. He keeps on murmuring words of thanks to her. This makes her gasp and be puzzled. His huge physique practically squishes her into a very warm bear hug. Both of them feels melting.

Him for finally feeling the intense effect of the soulmate zing, making his body shakes uncontrollably.

Her for believing his great relief and gratitude of keeping him away from his crazy fans. This makes her wonder how traumatic it is for him to be constantly followed. She thinks that his action is nothing else but a thankful gesture. She mistakes his shakiness with his fear and so she hugs him back, hands lightly patting him for consolation.

"They're not here anymore." She whispers on his chest. Her voice soothing, as if talking to a fearful child. His actions compels her to trash her fear to men and try her best to be understanding.

"Joon-ssi?" She croaks in alarm as his hug tightens. "I can't breathe." She gasps and taps his back unceasingly. "Please let go." She pleas. Her voice is a bit unsure. As she looks up at him with great concern. She notices his red face with the closed and crunched nose. Oblivious, she asks him to breathe deeply which somehow works.

She tugs him further inside the place. Waddling they approach a wooden bench and sit on it.

Sitting and face up towards the sky, Namjoon keeps on closing his eyes as he prays to Fate for control. Being alone with her, with the silence of the place, his nerves are more hyperaware. It makes him a little bit dizzy. His whole being screams for more connection - more than just holding hands, more than just hugging. His soul ink pulsing. A very hot liquid trickles through his veins from his thighs towards his groin. He sweats profusely with the realization of his grave situation.

His desires for her makes him afraid of doing something ridiculous and would somehow frighten her.

Their soulmate is definitely dangerous. He ponders as he breathes in and breathes out. He has to think other than her to make himself calm. Namjoon doesn't want to waste the opportunity to be alone with Daun.