79. MOMS

====================
Wedding is a public union of two persons with common goal. Non- soulmates could only have a wedding but no soul ceremony.
====================

"I was not thinking this over. What should I do" She's all panicky as asks Hannah, who is obviously laughing at the other line. "Hannah!" She whines.

"And you thought I was over dramatic when I was about to meet mother-in-law." Hannah replies while giggling.

"Sorry for that...but... what should I do? Tell me." She asks as she keep on arranging the platters.

"What should I tell you? I only know Mrs. Jung." Hannah retorts, obviously having fun of her misery.

"Do you think the cake is enough? The cookies? The tea?" Daun lists all the things that she had prepared. She should have baked one if she had time.

"Wow. That's a lot." Hannah teases.

"Do you think they would like more fruits? I only have strawberries right now." Daun continues.

"Wait." Hannah stops Daun's rumblings. "Are you perhaps hosting a feast?"

"Well... as what Jinnie-oppa said, there will be three of them."

"Just be yourself. I know you could tame them, just like what you did to mom." Hannah soothes.

Her phone vibrates, indicating an incoming call.

"I'm so sorry to cut you off. Yoongi-oppah is calling me." She apologitically says, hangs up and proceeds to answer Yoongi. "Hi!"

"Hello, Kitten." Yoongi's voice is as raspy as the morning when she greeted her once again with his naughty tongue. "How are you?"

"I think I'm fine." Her cheeks are hot with his touch still lingering on her skin.

"You can choose to go out from there and be somewhere else you know." He says with sincerity.

"But I can't do that and I won't." She smiles, feeling a bit calm as she listens to his voice.

"We will be there in an hour. Maybe they are there already-" Before Yoongi could finish his statement, the doorbell dings.

"Opps. I think so too." She looks at the door. "Quick. Tell me I can do this." She waits for his encouragement.

"You can do this Daun-ah." He chuckles. "And I love you." She blushes and hangs up the phone. Her heart skips, still not getting over of his confession. The way he says it never fails on making her so warm.
She hurriedly opens the door with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Good afternoon." She greets.
There is an awkward silence.

"Daun-ah? Sweetheart?" Mrs. Jung's gasp is so loud with her surprise.

"Oh... how lovely you have grown." The woman moves forward and immediately hugs her tight. Her surprise and glee are obvious on her face.

"Mrs. Jung." She adoringly smiles to the sweet woman. She is as welcoming as before, always endearingly joyful just like her son.
Someone's clearing of throat cuts off their joy of meeting once again, making her realize that she had failed to welcome them inside.