4. SUNSHINE

====================

Theory: Spirit is the essence of the soul. It connects one piece of soul to the other. It is often times materializes like ghosts and may only be visible to their soulmates. Lots of accounts where one can still see their dead soulmates through their spirit, especially to those closely bonded ones.

====================

"Thank you for having us even in this unannounced visit." He politely bows as he gently holds the wrinkled hands of the head nun. "I hope we were not a bother".

"What do you mean by that? The children love you. They are your fans!" The elder amusingly says, gently patting his hands adoringly.

"ARMY eh? Somehow gifts are not enough." He jokes.

It's amusing how his Jin-hyung always talks like an old man with the head nun. He is happy watching the eldest of the group smiling. Using his newly bought camera, he takes a shot as the eldest keeps on laughing with the nun. He was worried last night when he noticed him curling up on his bed, crying. It caused a panic. They thought that he was hurt or something. Good thing, it was just those episodes of him when he is overwhelmingly sad without any reason.

Jin is a very sensitive person. He can easily pick up the mood in the room. It is why he always makes a bad joke to make the room lively whenever he senses any sadness among them. He always attempts to cheer them up. He is the first one to comfort and hugs them whenever they are down. He always faces life happily. He is sometimes stern as the eldest brother, telling them his concerns but they seldom see him sad. But last night he was sobbing so loud, they thought he was in pain. They almost called for an ambulance or something just to help alleviate whatever was hurting him.

They first noticed this on the day of the appearance of the soul marks. Everyone noticed it because Jin was crying and whining of a chest pain. He felt so hot and wanted to take off his clothes. And as they took off his shirt, they saw the huge tiger lily on his back. It was huge and looked a bit faded but it's there nonetheless. They could not understand it's mysterious appearance, then soon the youngest noticed the faint marks of the same tiger lily on his right arm and so the others marks started appearing one by one.

Jin is always moody in this time of the year. The early autumn becomes a whining time. They would notice him tearing up without any reason. This always makes them uneasy because every time Jin cries, their soulmate is also crying. 

According to the soul doctor, just like Taehyung, who has Soul Dream, Jin has Soul Feel. This allows him to feel the emotions of his soulmate, their soulmate. The more intense it is, the more he can distinguish her emotions from his.

This is the first ever indication of her existence. But knowing that she has this overwhelming sadness in her makes them desperate to search for her. Maybe she longs for them so much that it hurts her. If they could feel the ache of the soul yearning to be with her, how much more if she has the seven souls to yearn? What if she is not in a good situation? What if she has illness? They fear for the time when Jin would stop crying from the intensity of her sadness or Taehyung would not be dreaming about her anymore. They fear the time when they see her in front of them as a Spirit. It would crush them.

Whenever Jin starts feeling her overwhelmingly sad emotions, the visit to the orphanage frequents. He said, kids wash the sadness away and as the youngest, Jungkook has to always accompany him. His not complaining though. He loves it here.

The youngest looks around the old orphanage, walking away from the conversation. He snaps a shot or two from here to there, capturing the beauty of the surroundings. It may be old, but it is well kept. They had been a regular here even before the debut. They didn't have money then. They only played with the kids and his Jin-hyung made sure that they came also to help preparing food whenever they could. "Helping is a sign of gratitude" his exact words. Being with the kids and the kind nuns took him out from his shyness.

He missed being with the kids. It's been a long time ever since their last visit. They had been busy since debut and now as world stars, their schedules are jammed packed. It's just recently that they took a breather because of the pandemic, but now with the availability of the vaccine and everything going normal... it's a perfect time to visit them during their day off. He knew the eldest would be asking him to visit today after last night.

The little kids' squeals disrupts his musings as a young lady walks in. Intrigued, he furrows as he focuses on her. Everything is in slow motion. He is mesmerized by the way her shoulder-length brown hair flows with the breeze and bounces as she playfully hops towards the kids. She dramatically drops her bag and kneels in front of a five-year-old girl first before engulfing everyone in a huge hug and smooching loud smacking kisses to all the kids. The scene is so endearing and so precious. He automatically records everything in his camera. Hands so steady, he smiles unknowingly.

Her eyes shining and her skin is rosy under the morning sun. She is sunshine personified. Her yellow knee length sun dress helps her glow more.

"You're early!" One of the boys comments as his face contorts in disgust ironically as his mouth smiles lovingly to the lady.

"That pretentious boy." He chortles. He doesn't know that he has been loud and near enough to be noticed. She snaps her head in alert and looks over to the camera that he is holding. Her eyes are honey brown and glints with the sun as its rays caress her face. She is so beautiful. His heart beats so fast as he continues recording her questioning gaze to him. 

His cheeks redden by the minute. Nervous? No. He doesn't think so. It just feels like being caught on doing unscrupulous thing. He stops and chuckles, scratching the back of his head. Embarrassed.

"Jungkookie.." Jin calls him. "It's time to go."

He wants to introduce himself and perhaps explain why he was recording her. He wants to know her name, but the eldest grabbed his shirt, drags him a feet away and steps farther as the eldest brings his phone to his ears. 

He sheepishly smiles towards her direction, bows, and follows Jin. 

The call seems important. An emergency meeting perhaps?