89. SOULS

====================

A body without a soul is a carcass.

====================

It's a new day with her seven. The morning is filled with giggles and laughs. They are happy. So much happier than ever. It seems that the weeks without each other was like years. They miss all the teasing, the jokes, and the silly talks. They miss the gentle caress as their skins unknowingly touch. They miss the tingles of their soul zing and the starry twinkle of their gazes. They long these moments, so small, seemingly so uneventful, yet causes festive beats on their hearts. The morning is simple yet at the same time grand. They hold each second and minute dear like precious treasures that they only have.

"So... How do you like your dresses?" Hoseok murmurs on her ears as he tucks her hair.

"That was fast. I was so surprised to wake up with all of the clothing." She sweetly smiles. "Thank you oppa." She hugs him tightly.

They are not just dresses. They are consisting of all the new trends of fashion but of course, all are according to her tastes. They are all beautiful and fits her so well, as if everything were made for her only. Some are curiously different, not part of the choices that Hoseok had presented to her.

"I added my choices on them." Taehyung winks.

'There it is. Mystery solved.' She smiles. "Really?" Daun stands from Hoseok's lap and transfers to Taehyung's to sit and squeezes him into a huge hug. "Thank you." She wiggles.

"Look at that. I should have known to buy you clothes. I should be receiving those hugs." Jimin playfully remarks.

"Then I'll give you one." She jumps away from Taehyung to embrace Jimin. The first groans in annoyance of her short attention while the latter just giggles, arms wide to welcome his darling. His babe.

They laugh at her silliness. She's playful as she herself initiates skin ship with them, until she freezes with the ringing of the doorbell.

"I think she's here." Jungkook voices. There is still a bit of irritation laced on his gentle tone.

"I'll guide her to the study. Let Daun-ah finish her breakfast and follow us after. Okay?" Yoongi says as he walks away.

Daun then goes back to her seat. She feels the air becomes still. No matter how all of them say that this is just a session of questioning and finding truths of what happened, they can't deny that they are worried. They had seen those bruises and how she convulsed, and that was not normal for a flicker soul bound. If what they think is correct, whatever it was, it was something dangerous and they could only hope that it would never happen again.

She can sense the tension inside the room the moment she enters with Jimin. The room is big. It's obvious how much the owner loves his books. Shelves of them are upright by the walls making the room rich and thick with knowledge. However, it's still made to be used by at most five people inside. With the eight of them, the study room of the rented mansion is already a bit crowded, and now by the head of the large study table another person adds.

Daun smiles. Mrs. Song's wrinkles show as her thin red lips mirror hers. There in her eyes, she can see the woman's gladness of seeing her once more.

Strangely, Daun can't harbor any hatred with the woman. Even with the suspicion of the woman's affiliation with her father. She still thinks her as her soother, a confidant, a mother she couldn't have. Someone who once told her lies. She doesn't persecute Mrs. Song with that though, for at that time, she needed someone to lie to her. Truths were just so much to bear.